By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

Oh, I didnt know you knew what the NX was.... Thank you very much for the warning!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Nobody know F**k Sh*t about the NX and still people make stupid threads like this.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

KLXVER said:
Scisca said:
Yeah. That's what they get for abandoning gamers in favour of casuals with the Wii.

They didnt abandon gamers. They had left a long time ago.

It's not the gamers who decided to take "the blue ocean strategy".

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

bigtakilla said:
I agree. The back catalog alone is going to make the Scorpio and Neo far more enticing, and knowing what they are going to be getting early as far as software from this E3 only helps to bring hype. With Nintendo who knows. We can't even trust the software shown in its initial reveal because half the games that were supposedly exclusive or at least have a port of a multiplat either never stayed exclusive or didn't release on the system at all. Not to mention Nintendo's terrible support for their own console for the past two years. I can't fault anyone for not wanting an NX.

Yes. I think WiiU hurts NX more than most people think.

I don't think the 12m Wii U users will upgrade.

Although I'm not sure NX is dead, I think after all this, NX will have a very hard time and yes, they might not have minimal success they need to make enough profit.

Scorpio will bring more devs away from Nintendo and Wii U is an evidence that a Nintendo-only box doesn't work unless it gets hits like Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Scisca said:
KLXVER said:

They didnt abandon gamers. They had left a long time ago.

It's not the gamers who decided to take "the blue ocean strategy".

No, they decided to take the exit strategy with the GC.

Around the Network

As of right now its not a must buy. Too much other hardware.

Nah. NX will be fine. They just need to carve out a proper niche for themselves. And a proper price point. NX needs to use Polaris 11, which is 2.5 TFs. It puts them above PS4/X1, and below Neo/Scorpio and they just gotta sell it at $199. They'll end up with lots of sales and will be just fine.

bananaking21 said:

I dont need to watch the Sony E3 conference, know what the neo is, know the full specs of the scorpio. Mark my words, the NX will be outdated compared to them, and its library will be extremely lacking. 

VR, 4K, third parties, many exclusives, streaming and already established install bases (30M+ for XB and 60M+ for PS) by the time the NX will release, a huge libarary of games and among many other things, thats what NX is up against. and what ever their "new way to play is", the industry is headed where PS and Xbox are headed, and it wont be able to compete. 

The NX, what ever it is, will be dead on arrival. the only place it can find its legs will be japan, if it has a handheld counter part

Words marked.

Colin from IGN wrote this? :p

I'd suggest waiting to see what the NX is before you make statements like this. The NX being a success or not depends entirely on what Nintendo does with it. They could make it an amazing success, a moderate success, a failure, or a nail in the coffin for their console business. We haven't seen what Kimishima's gonna do for the company just yet, but if they play their cards right, they could succeed.