By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

Scisca said:
Yeah. That's what they get for abandoning gamers in favour of casuals with the Wii.

They didnt abandon gamers. They had left a long time ago.

Around the Network

Ok.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

d21lewis said:
As a general rule, I don't click on any "NX" threads for any reason whatsoever. I think I've clicked on two my entire life. Anyway, I'm 90% sure I skipped an NX thread with pretty much this exact same title!

haaa!!! i made you look!!! 

<3

Too bad the nx is probably going to be a visual cloud console for Nintendo gaming on everything

mM

Ha! They said the same thing about Wii. It was nowhere near as powerful as PS3 and 360. Nintendo is finding a different market along with their core fans. And frankly, I'm okay with that as long as we get quality games.

Around the Network

Don't think so. Not yet. If NX can be around PS4 level power and get support from all developers i.e. all multiplats release on NX as well, and NX cost as much as PS4 then it stands a chance.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Darc Requiem said:
The NX could very well be dead on arrival. However it would be wise to actually find out the details on the platform before making such a statement.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I agree. The back catalog alone is going to make the Scorpio and Neo far more enticing, and knowing what they are going to be getting early as far as software from this E3 only helps to bring hype. With Nintendo who knows. We can't even trust the software shown in its initial reveal because half the games that were supposedly exclusive or at least have a port of a multiplat either never stayed exclusive or didn't release on the system at all. Not to mention Nintendo's terrible support for their own console for the past two years. I can't fault anyone for not wanting an NX.

It's more than dead on arrival. The entire concept of the NX is dead. The thought of the NX coming to existence is dead.

NX is death.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I'm sure Nintendo was hoping to have this mid-gen window to themselves, not counting on Sony and MS to come at the same time with their own updates. Now they may have undershot and ended up in the same hole as the last two generations. We'll have to wait for a clearer view of things, though.