By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

Scisca said:
KLXVER said:

No, they decided to take the exit strategy with the GC.

It wasn't gamers who came with the humiliating lunchbox design. Nobody would convince the teenaged me to buy that and be ridiculed by friends with a cool, black PS2.

The Gamecube came in black, just sayin'...

Around the Network

I just love threads like this because there's no basis on how one would come to such a conclusion when nothing is known about the NX. People like to paint Nintendo as this ever irrelevant company, but so far from what I've seen of e3, Zelda will easily be the most talked about game when everyone walks away from this year's show!

Not to mention that the current consoles and the iterative consoles coming in the future only make me want a gaming PC even more...

Yeah, because it's main competition, the PS Vita, is in a very great situation now.

now i get it! X marks the spot where nintendo died!!

..i still might get it.

superchunk said:

Content sells consoles, not specs.

This.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Scisca said:

It wasn't gamers who came with the humiliating lunchbox design. Nobody would convince the teenaged me to buy that and be ridiculed by friends with a cool, black PS2.

Well I never judged my coolness on what kind of console I owned, so for me it wasnt a problem.

You were clearly the exception.

@Paperboy_J - it was still a lunchbox. Plus it's not the alternative colour that matters, it's the one that is pushed in marketing campaign.

The design was terrible and was yet another point on the long list of huge Nintendo mistakes. There's no going roung this, no negotiating.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

3rd party and mobile is the future for Nintendo, they just can't see it yet.

Scisca said:
KLXVER said:

Well I never judged my coolness on what kind of console I owned, so for me it wasnt a problem.

You were clearly the exception.

@Paperboy_J - it was still a lunchbox. Plus it's not the alternative colour that matters, it's the one that is pushed in marketing campaign.

The design was terrible and was yet another point on the long list of huge Nintendo mistakes. There's no going roung this, no negotiating.

I guess I was. Never cared much what other people think of me.

Let's hope it's either that, or an astonishing success, whatever it's in the middle will change nothing and we'll be stuck on the Wii U era forever.

I'm now filled with determination.