By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

KLXVER said:
Scisca said:

It's not the gamers who decided to take "the blue ocean strategy".

No, they decided to take the exit strategy with the GC.

It wasn't gamers who came with the humiliating lunchbox design. Nobody would convince the teenaged me to buy that and be ridiculed by friends with a cool, black PS2.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

You only realised this now?

Scisca said:
KLXVER said:

No, they decided to take the exit strategy with the GC.

It wasn't gamers who came with the humiliating lunchbox design. Nobody would convince the teenaged me to buy that and be ridiculed by friends with a cool, black PS2.

Well I never judged my coolness on what kind of console I owned, so for me it wasnt a problem.

leo-j said:
Too bad the nx is probably going to be a visual cloud console for Nintendo gaming on everything

Take my money, Nintendo.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Content sells consoles, not specs.

Around the Network

Could be the case, though I hope not

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

bunchanumbers said:
Nah. NX will be fine. They just need to carve out a proper niche for themselves. And a proper price point. NX needs to use Polaris 11, which is 2.5 TFs. It puts them above PS4/X1, and below Neo/Scorpio and they just gotta sell it at $199. They'll end up with lots of sales and will be just fine.

^ this is my "hope".

Thats the best case situation, and would be enough to get me to get one, not day1 but down the line.

superchunk said:

Content sells consoles, not specs.

^ this needs saying.

Considering the same was basically said for almost every Nintendo console after the SNES days (and specially for the Wii, that little box that became the best selling Nintendo home console ever), I would just wait and see.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

If it really is upgraded to support VR it will be able to compete. But Sony needs to upgrade PS4 Neo first, that system now needs a real GPU instead of a better PS4 APU.

Whatever you say, but I think we actually need to wait for NX reveal and launch first for any predictions...actualy only thing we know about NX is that will have Zelda like launch title and that is huge plus for NX.