Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
KLXVER said:

Well I never judged my coolness on what kind of console I owned, so for me it wasnt a problem.

You were clearly the exception.

@Paperboy_J - it was still a lunchbox. Plus it's not the alternative colour that matters, it's the one that is pushed in marketing campaign.

The design was terrible and was yet another point on the long list of huge Nintendo mistakes. There's no going roung this, no negotiating.

I guess I was. Never cared much what other people think of me.

Let's hope it's either that, or an astonishing success, whatever it's in the middle will change nothing and we'll be stuck on the Wii U era forever.

I'm now filled with determination.

Scisca said:
KLXVER said:

Well I never judged my coolness on what kind of console I owned, so for me it wasnt a problem.

You were clearly the exception.

@Paperboy_J - it was still a lunchbox. Plus it's not the alternative colour that matters, it's the one that is pushed in marketing campaign.

The design was terrible and was yet another point on the long list of huge Nintendo mistakes. There's no going roung this, no negotiating.

*shrugs* I tried.

The last Nintendo console I owned was N64. All I ever wanted from them was a conventional powerful console with traditional controllers and amazing 1st and 3rd party libraries. With 4-6Tflops of power for 2017 for Sony/MS and 2TB of HDD space becoming the norm soon, NX is basically dead for Sony/Xbox gamers. The only way I see Nintendo turning this around is if they price the console at $249, far below the Scorpios and Neo's price. This has a double-edged sword though because then most consumers won't associate the NX with a premium gaming experience then if they will compete primarily on price. Also, the backwards compatible library for Xbox One and PS4 cannot be discounted.

If Nintendo doesn't want to sell their games on PS4/XB, that's fine. Branch out into PC gaming. Soon Steam will have 150 millions users and it will continue to grow. Nintendo doesn't understand that people will still buy their consoles and Nintendo PC games since many consumers don't own or want a PC. This is a smart move by MS to port everything onto the PC too. More sales = more $$$.

Around the Network

Perhaps.

But hey, maybe it will sell for like $100 or something. That would help.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

There is always TGS for third party announcements.

I take it, this thread is your sequel to "Splatoon doesn't deserve the hype" or whatever it was.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Hilarious when people post their hopes and wishes as if they were well thought predictions about a product no one knows shit about.

OP's racking up them VGC points:P