By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

Tagged games:

Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

1970s: Everything is bran... 0 0%

1980s: Huge improvements in quality and story 16 5.99%

1990s: The first CD and 3... 142 53.18%

2000s: Online play, matur... 76 28.46%

2010s: The last six years... 33 12.36%

Total:267

Great question!

My pick is 1991-2000. That includes the fourth, fifth, and beginning of the sixth generations - in my mind the top three generations.

We saw amazing games from Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Rare, Square, Valve, Namco, LucasArts, and Blizzard. Some of the industry's best games arrived during this stretch, including A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy VII, GoldenEye, Banjo-Kazooie, StarCraft, Half-Life, Ocarina of Time, Panzer Dragoon, Shining Force, Metal Gear Solid, SoulCalibur, and Deus Ex. There was so much experimentation, competition, and innovation. Truly a golden age.

Around the Network

the 90's, without a doubt.

2000s. 7th gen was just legendary.

The 90s without a doubt, it had three of my favorite consoles of all time.

1996 - 2005 (this is also a decade), so 5th + 6th console gen + golden PC era + 3d accelerators

Around the Network
Conina said:
1996 - 2005 (this is also a decade), so 5th + 6th console gen + golden PC era + 3d accelerators

If this is eligible I'd vote for 1996-2005 also. I adore the sixth gen, but would prefer to keep out the seventh.

Conina said:

Theres always one, isnt there...?

90's for me by a large margin.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

90s without a doubt

I'm torn between the 90s and 2000s. Both decades had great memories for me game wise. The 90s just had a lot of excellent games I have fond memories over with my friends (especially with the SNES), as well as spend a lot of time playing different games. 2000s however had some really great moments with my old friends and new ones I made, mostly revolving around Smash Bros, but also learning about new favorites, like Fatal Frame, Silent Hills, and Katamari Damacy.

I'd probably go with the 90s though, as the end half of the 2000s I had to focus more on studying than playing. Being an adult started to get in the way... TwT

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread