By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

Tagged games:

Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

1970s: Everything is bran... 0 0%

1980s: Huge improvements in quality and story 16 5.99%

1990s: The first CD and 3... 142 53.18%

2000s: Online play, matur... 76 28.46%

2010s: The last six years... 33 12.36%

Total:267

90's.

Around the Network

2000s. While I do like the 90s for the N64 and SNES, I prefer the DC, PS2, GC, Wii, PSP, GBC, GBA, and DS much more

Mid 90's to mid 2000's for me. N64,ps, ps2 xbox, xbox 360 release easily the best time for me

90's

Yep 90's no question.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

Around the Network

Hard question because my favorite time is the late 90's & early 2000's

I'll go with 2000's tho

[] [] [] {} [] 

I was born in the lat e 90's and I didn't get to play games until I was like 5 or 6. Even I know, the 90's were the best I mean...if I could make a list of amazing games from the 90's it would take a couple hours at least. I grew up on PS2, Gamecube and Xbox. So, I don't have a bias of any sort. I mean...Mario World, Mario 64, Zelda OoT, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, FFVII, FFIV, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Tourismo, Crash, Sonic 1 Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure...and I'm not even scratching the surface.

But it really depends on what you want in games, if no online is a deal breaker for you, the 90's won't be your generation. But if you enjoy local multiplayer or great single player experiences, the 90's is where it's at.

90s

The 2000s for me, followed by the 80s. The 2000s have most of my all time favourite the games (PC and console), and the 80s is the decade that made me a gamer.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ka-pi96 said:
Rob5VGC said:
Tough choice since you said which decade, but a decade is 10 years, so...1996-2006(when Kingdom hearts 2 released outside of Japan). lol

But... that's 11 years

I never said which month in 1996 so you don't know if it turned into 11 years or not. lol