By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

Tagged games:

Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

1970s: Everything is bran... 0 0%

1980s: Huge improvements in quality and story 16 5.99%

1990s: The first CD and 3... 142 53.18%

2000s: Online play, matur... 76 28.46%

2010s: The last six years... 33 12.36%

Total:267

2000s for me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

90's.

2000s, I'd say. I got my hands on my very first owned console (The Nintendo DS), it saw the birth (and end) of the sixth generation, and also the birth of the seventh, arguably two of the greatest videogame generations ever conceived, plus with some amazing games to top it off.

2000 must be the best in guality and quantity. As a Nintendo and PC gamer things were interesting in the 80s n' 90s and many classics are timeless. Though it was the 2000s and beyond when there became too many great games to keep up with them all.

For me it be 90's and 2000's, hard to choose, but I did play the 90's games during the 2000's so I'll go with the 2000's.

Around the Network

2000s, but I love the 90s as well.

Very hard to decide between 90s and 00s, but overall the 90s edge it very slightly.

90s. No contest.

bet: lost

Even trying to ignore the nostalgia factor and the being a kid factor, I'll still have to say 90's, too many of my favourite games of all time and it just a much simpler time.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Tough choice since you said which decade, but a decade is 10 years, so...1996-2006(when Kingdom hearts 2 released outside of Japan). lol