By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

Tagged games:

Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

1970s: Everything is bran... 0 0%

1980s: Huge improvements in quality and story 16 5.99%

1990s: The first CD and 3... 142 53.18%

2000s: Online play, matur... 76 28.46%

2010s: The last six years... 33 12.36%

Total:267

Which one was the PS2 primarily in? That one. Sly, Ratchet, Jak, MGS3 and 4, and others that form the VAST majority of my favorite games of all time.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

You must have seen the poll from GameFAQs and decided to post it here. There I chose 90s so I guess I'll do the same here.

Nautilus said:
I see that you visit gamefaqs!

All in all, I would say the 90s... But if I were to be more flexible, I would say the 5th and 6th generation are the best.

Yes - thats where I got my inspiration to make this thread from :p

Anyways @ OT - for me its the 90s - not only because I was introduced to gaming and got into gaming in this decade but mainly cause of all that happened to the industry in terms of what was produced and how it evolved in this exact decade.

Amongst the many awesome games we got to see systems such as NES, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Gameboy/Color and even Dreamcast in its early years take center stage.

The 2000s would be the 2nd best imo as it carried off from where the 90s ended and made it better through the PS2, GCN, Xbox, GBA, NDS, PSP, etc. That and the fact that many of today's norms also came into existence during this era such as HD gaming, achivements, online MP becoming more mainstream/common, etc. Its also the decade in which game systems became more than just game systems (Well for non-nintendo systems mainly :p).

Also no love for the 1970s in the poll xD!

Basil's YouTube Channel

2030s

We'll finally get The Last Guardian and Half Life 3 then.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

1990's, by far.

It was classic after classic on pretty much every system that mattered. Though if 10 years outside strict decades are allowed I'd say 1994-2003 were the Golden Years. Want to include 1993 but then it would be 11 years... Whatever I'm including 1993.

By the way it's kind of funny you seemingly couldn't come up with anything to describe the 2010s in the poll!

Fusioncode said:

2030s

We'll finally get The Last Guardian and Half Life 3 then.

That's way too optimistic for HL3.

Around the Network

Nineties

I LOVE ICELAND!

UC4 spoilers removed - VXIII

Definitely 2000s.
Most and best things happened there.

Late 90's. Early 2000's on the PC, when developers were mixing genre's and taking risks. *sigh* The golden years... You just don't get games like Sacrifice or Dungeon Keeper anymore.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Late 90's. Early 2000's on the PC, when developers were mixing genre's and taking risks. *sigh* The golden years... You just don't get games like Sacrifice or Dungeon Keeper anymore.

You cannot take risks anymore, since costs are so high, just look at some games like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite to notice that costs skyrocketed.