By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

Tagged games:

Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

1970s: Everything is bran... 0 0%

1980s: Huge improvements in quality and story 16 5.99%

1990s: The first CD and 3... 142 53.18%

2000s: Online play, matur... 76 28.46%

2010s: The last six years... 33 12.36%

Total:267

It has to be the 90's definitely.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
I'm torn between the 90s and 2000s. Both decades had great memories for me game wise. The 90s just had a lot of excellent games I have fond memories over with my friends (especially with the SNES), as well as spend a lot of time playing different games. 2000s however had some really great moments with my old friends and new ones I made, mostly revolving around Smash Bros, but also learning about new favorites, like Fatal Frame, Silent Hills, and Katamari Damacy.

I'd probably go with the 90s though, as the end half of the 2000s I had to focus more on studying than playing. Being an adult started to get in the way... TwT

Yeah the early half of the 2000s was great.

If I could only play games from 1991-2005 I'd be a happy gamer :)

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Cloudman said:
I'm torn between the 90s and 2000s. Both decades had great memories for me game wise. The 90s just had a lot of excellent games I have fond memories over with my friends (especially with the SNES), as well as spend a lot of time playing different games. 2000s however had some really great moments with my old friends and new ones I made, mostly revolving around Smash Bros, but also learning about new favorites, like Fatal Frame, Silent Hills, and Katamari Damacy.

I'd probably go with the 90s though, as the end half of the 2000s I had to focus more on studying than playing. Being an adult started to get in the way... TwT

Yeah, those were the best times for me, not only because I played a lot of games, but it was also when I had the most free time. This was my time before college...

Though in recent years I started to have those awesome times again, having monthly 8 player smash days at my place, with everyone squeezed in a small room and a table full of snacks. Some Fridays I'd just have a few friends over and play local MP games. Such great times...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

You must have seen the poll from GameFAQs and decided to post it here. There I chose 90s so I guess I'll do the same here.

Cloudman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Yeah, those were the best times for me, not only because I played a lot of games, but it was also when I had the most free time. This was my time before college...

Though in recent years I started to have those awesome times again, having monthly 8 player smash days at my place, with everyone squeezed in a small room and a table full of snacks. Some Fridays I'd just have a few friends over and play local MP games. Such great times...

That sounds amazing. Have you tried Runbow with your friends? 9-player local multiplayer!

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Cloudman said:

That sounds amazing. Have you tried Runbow with your friends? 9-player local multiplayer!

No, I have considered it several times, but haven't bought it yet. Have you tried it out yourself?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

No, I have considered it several times, but haven't bought it yet. Have you tried it out yourself?

Yeah! Let's continue this conversation on your wall - I don't want to derail Basil's awesome thread :)

No poll option for other?? Thread should be locked -_-

I see that you visit gamefaqs!

All in all, I would say the 90s... But if I were to be more flexible, I would say the 5th and 6th generation are the best.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Right now! Not only are there some incredible games still being made, but we have an entire history to play through if we so choose! There are so many amazing games to discover - I love being alive now.