By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

Tagged games:

Which decade do you think was the best for video games?

1970s: Everything is bran... 0 0%

1980s: Huge improvements in quality and story 16 5.99%

1990s: The first CD and 3... 142 53.18%

2000s: Online play, matur... 76 28.46%

2010s: The last six years... 33 12.36%

Total:267

2000s easily! Ratchet & Clank (GC, UYA, ToD and ACiT are all masterpieces!), Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter and so much more makes it an easy choice for me

Around the Network

2010s.

Anything else is just Miss Nostalgia painting everything pink. Now we have casual games, hardcore games, indie games, cinematic games, free-to-play games, mobile games... there's something for everybody, you can spend every free minute playing and it's much less about graphics than it used to and more about uniqueness. Only this decade could have brought things like Minecraft, Undertale and Dark Souls.

I loved gaming in the 90s, I loved gaming in the 2000s and I love gaming now. And the very fact that I didn't get tired of it a long time ago means that it just keeps getting better.

(And yes, I know MC and DS are technically from 2009. Sue me.)

90's life for me.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

The golden age of gaming, the 1990's. I don't believe we'll ever see a decade with that caliber of games again.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

2000s (at least for me). My first decade into gaming, but also one full of new franchises. Mass Effect, Battlefield, Halo, COD, Fallout (into the 3d), Uncharted (yes, I use to have a PS3 :)), Bioshock, Super Mario Galaxy, and many more. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

The 90's. Everything was possible or just around the corner and there was no internet full of gamers complaining about every little thing :) No 3 year wait for something to show up or not. There were too many new things anyway to look ahead that far.

That's tough. For me it's a dead heat between the 90s and to 2000s. 90s I have great memories: Smash, Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario World, Kirby Superstar, Chrono Trigger, Ocarina of Time, a lot of exceptional games and of course Sony and PC were doing pretty great too. But the 2000s saw the Metroid Prime trilogy, Melee, the original 3 Halo games, Morrowind and Oblivion, Medieval 2: Total War, Super Mario Galaxy, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, BioShock, I mean it's another astounding list. Not to say 2010 on has been bad, I think there's been some great stuff but 1991 to 2010 feels like the golden age in my opinion.

90s were awesome! Both 2000s and 2010s had some good moments in my opinion, but I think mid 2000s was bad and didn't like 2012~2014.

Which one was the PS2 primarily in? That one. Sly, Ratchet, Jak, MGS3 and 4, and others that form the VAST majority of my favorite games of all time.

I am Iron Man

2030s

We'll finally get The Last Guardian and Half Life 3 then.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!