By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

psrock said:
starcraft said:
It's funny that fanboys who declared that MS HAD to drop the price now say it happened to early.

Furthermore, it's hilarious that people see a 40% boost in sales as being "utter failure."

More than anything I'm in hysterics that people that emphatically declared that the Arcade was a dud console that noone should buy now use it as a justification to claim that the 360 is cheaper than the Wii...............

are you happy with the result so far, because i'm sure someone is getting fired over this faillure. they spent so much on marketing to begin with and they can only say they outsold the PSP.

That's quite the compliment actually, they won't next week, God of War comes out. :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
Jandre002 said:
The 360 is one PS3 price drop away from death in Europe. None of this is even shocking, I could have told you this would happen last year. NA won't be getting much better either, and actually I'll bet anyone that even though ioi has the 360 outselling the PS3, the PS3 will have more sales in America come NPD.(March)

There's nothing that anyone, other than internet nerds, really cares about on the 360. It's not the in thing anymore, and the further prices are dropped the more pricing won't matter anymore. If the PS3 hits $299 this year, regardless of whatever release, the 360 will never pass it for any month ever again. This time next year the 360 will be on the edge of death WW.

That bolded statement is something I will never agree with you. Im in high school, the 360 is the in gaming console for americans, the ps3 to them is a worthless waste of money. It saddens me to know this as well, though it may seem offensive to some the PS3 is considered the 360 wannabe console in North america.

As long as theres an Xbox the playstation will never gain control in north america over nintendo or even microsoft.

mM

Well the increase is nothing to brag about, i mean come on! A £40 cut and it still doesn't even outsell the PS3 (which would have been MS's goal all along) and with GT5P hitting on friday i don't see these sales levels keeping this high for long, as we all know, these effects don't last too long!

@Kingofwale

but PSP sales WENT DOWN in NA the week GOW came out there..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Million said:
 I think the 360's price point is damaging to the point that it actualy makes the PS3 look better , you can't get anything advanced hardware for £150 in the europe , this'll confuse the consumer. 

"DOATS1 said: i really think microsoft used their 'price-drop' card too early. i higly doubt they can drop the price any further for a long time."

If microsoft made the 360 any cheaper they'd be giving it away , it's only £50 more than a brand new ps2 here.

yeah i know, i live in london lol.

Around the Network

I'd say the price drop failed.

100% based on the fact PS3 still outsold it!!!

Xbox 360 price cut. I award you with a:

The last bit for the 360 to outsell the PS3 is whenever GTA4 hits. Other than that week, I can't see the 360 to outsell the PS3 anytime soon in the EU.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i think the wii is gonna have huge others numbers next week due to the easter holidays. the toys r us store i work at sold at least 100 wii's in four days. we've been averaging 40 a week these past couple of months. 360 has sold 20 odd over the same time period and ps3 only sold 9. on the handheld front ds has easily sold 50 in four days and psp to my knowledge has sold 3.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Well at least it proves that wii is selling not because of the price but for it's features.

I have watched this site for a while now and I am confused by all this back and forth. Why would anyone think that the ps3 would not beat 360 this generation? Of course it will. It won last generation 6 to 1. Why are xbox people not happy with losing 1.5 or 2 to one (or however this generation turns out)? Also, on the ps3 side, why is a narrow victory celebrated? Isn't it clear that Sony's gaming profits will be way way down this generation? Why are you not disappointed with Sony's management? I just don't why you guys are acting like the two companies started as equals.