By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

Well Europe is Playstation territory I knew the PS3 wasn't going to outsell the PS3 but it did catch up.

Next week will be nice numbers I wonder how much Prologue will boost PS3 hardware.

Around the Network

360 sales in Others:

2 weeks ago: 41,146 (pre-price drop)

1 week ago: 54,281 (+32% from the previous week) (2 days price drop sales)

This week: 68,542 (+26% from the previous week) (1st full week of price drop sales)

In total about a 66% increase from 2 weeks ago numbers to this weeks numbers. Not too bad, but we'll have to wait to see if the increase is sustained or if it drops back to pre-price drop levels to measure the success of this price drop.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

starcraft said:
Given the weight of the Euro against the dollar, and the fact Microsoft had hardly cut the 360's Europe price at all until two weeks ago, they could easily afford another drop at the end of the year, albeit a smaller one, without losing console profitability.

yeah, fair enough,  but it's clear the price of the 360 isn't the issue anymore.

It went up which is good, but it still isn't enough for the 360 to have a chance of "winning" Europe.

If the average was 45,000 and it sells 65,000 now, it will probably eventually settle into a 53,000 range or so.

That is an "improvement" but not enough without major software coming out to help reinforce the price drop.

Just my take.

Either way though, it's better than 45,000 a month.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DOATS1 said:
i really think microsoft used their 'price-drop' card too early. i higly doubt they can drop the price any further for a long time.

I think they used it quite wisely, they were looking for a double boost: the first coming for the price drop, the second for GTA (and a likely GTA bundle) to create some momentum. Let's not forget that 360's sales were around 40k before the cut, with no signs to close the gap with its competitors, they had to make the first move and they did it.

Obviously for the first time in this gen Sony may have a more flexible strategy than MS for the forseable future, at least in PAL territories. But that's another story..

Around the Network

I remember last year, what a difference a year makes =D

GT5 P will show people what AAA titles can do to the PS3, I think its the first true AAA exclusive to release on the PS3, I expect as much as 140k for next week in OTHERS, and as low as 80k

Though anything is possible so I'll probably predict something like this:

PS3: 115k
Wii: 95k
Xb36:60k

mM

@leo-j

a little optimistic don't you think..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Kingofwale

but PSP sales WENT DOWN in NA the week GOW came out there..

Dropping of 7% comapring to over 60% drop for Wii, 33% on DS and over 20% everything else?

No, that's actually a great increase relative speaking.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@kingofwale

yeah I guess..

what do you think FF7 CC will do for it in NA this week...I think it was more anticipated than GOW COO..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leo-j said:
Jandre002 said:
The 360 is one PS3 price drop away from death in Europe. None of this is even shocking, I could have told you this would happen last year. NA won't be getting much better either, and actually I'll bet anyone that even though ioi has the 360 outselling the PS3, the PS3 will have more sales in America come NPD.(March)

There's nothing that anyone, other than internet nerds, really cares about on the 360. It's not the in thing anymore, and the further prices are dropped the more pricing won't matter anymore. If the PS3 hits $299 this year, regardless of whatever release, the 360 will never pass it for any month ever again. This time next year the 360 will be on the edge of death WW.

That bolded statement is something I will never agree with you. Im in high school, the 360 is the in gaming console for americans, the ps3 to them is a worthless waste of money. It saddens me to know this as well, though it may seem offensive to some the PS3 is considered the 360 wannabe console in North america.

As long as theres an Xbox the playstation will never gain control in north america over nintendo or even microsoft.

See to me the 360 was never that popular. It was losing WW before July to the PS3, and it was losing after the holiday Halo effect ended. When your only selling points are being "better" at playing the same games and "being cheaper" theres not much hope for you.

The 360 only looks good when people compare it to the PS3. Sales, games, features, all of those things aren't really that good. It just cant keep up, and once its momentum drops and the PS3 gains, it will be the Xbox all over again. Head to head, the 360 is just outmatched. Even if the crappy port trend continues, The PS3's first party games will be the best in every category, RPG(FF) Racing(GT5) Action/Shooter(MGS4) TPS(Socom). It would fitting capture FPS, but that depends entirely on whether or not Gears 2 can beat RFOM2, and that Killzone 2 completely flops.

You might have your preference, and love your 360(no you leo-j, owners in general), but any new buyer who only had a PS2 is not going to buy a 360 on Gears 2 alone. No when all the above mentioned games will be solid on the PS3, with the PS3 costing $50 more with Blu-Ray,reliability, free online, and features like Home and the playstation store to sweeten the deal. Its more attractive, and the way things are shaping up now the 360 will be outsold 3-1 or greater in NA, almost non-existent in Europe, and completely dead in Japan this time next year.