By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

That is what we dont know : sold out ? or not sold out ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I haven't seen the 360 sold out in the UK at all

I hope I'm not being rude but even if 360 is low in say Greece or France - how many lost sales are we really talking about? Hard to imagine more than some hundreds - maybe a thousand combined in total across Others : not enough to matter unless the rise in sales is maintained.

When you drop price like this you normally want:

a) to see your sales eclipse your competitor

b) see your underlying average sales position rise

On the evidence the price cut missed a) although it did enable 360 to close gap while its going to be another 3 weeks I think to decide on b) and the release of GT5:P is going to complicate things too in terms of how it affects sales for the next two to three weeks.

Of course the real hope for the cut from MS might be to pick up sales on back of GTA IV as cheaper console to get access to the game on - and that's not a bad strategy but of course Sony might spring a surprise right before GTA IV launches (if I was them I'd been tempted to offer not a price cut but promotional price for the first week of GTA launch and the second weekend of sales.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

PooperScooper said:
Auron said:
PooperScooper said:
gebx said:
Way to go MS... you dumb ass's

You should of cut the 360 price last year!

Price cut = Failed

Nice troll job Gebx.

I see no trolling inhis post. In fact i applaud him for not trying to spin this like other 360 fans have.

You ruined it. I wanted him to respond to it. I was setting him up.

Either he said

"I'm not trolling" and I would have said "but if someone pro something else said something like this you would jump all over them and call them a troll"

or he would say "I can troll because I support MS" and I would have said "Good job hypocryte I never want to hear you call anyone else a troll again."

I'm starting to calling Gebx and Claude and others out on their bullshit.

Wow, way to make my job easy and point out exactly how you're flamebaiting.  So, um, here's your warning: do not flame bait.

It did OK ... not bad . Still its far from reaching the PS3 :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
boycop said:
FaRmLaNd said:
Unfortunately the price cut did exactly what I thought it'd do. Which was close the gap between the ps3 and the 360. I wanted it to surpass it but it was never realistically going to. Lets just hope the 360 remains steady at this higher level for a while. The 360 is after all very good value now that its so cheap.

X360 a good value? - get a life!

A console that only works for a few months and then stops working - It will NEVER be a good value, not for ANY price!

Please do not mention the guarantee, it will still stop working, and it will take weeks to fix and it will stop working after the guarantee expires.

Until your 360 breaks, it is a good value if you're getting the premium or arcade.  The Elite is just a ripoff since you're getting $10 extra value for $100.

By the way ,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and the PS3 GT5P bundle are in the streets since today ....at least in Spain .

Diomedes1976 said:
By the way ,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and the PS3 GT5P bundle are in the streets since today ....at least in Spain .

In Spain, Gran Turismo plays you!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Price cut was much needed and has helped sales a bit in Europe but we all know EU is very Sony friendly.

360s main problem is RROD (HUGE LOSS of consumer confidence) and no Blu-Ray player. Thats what is driving sales for PS3 its a better system but lacks games.

Core console should be scrapped and Elite should be cheaper than £250. They are 65nm, Falcons now so RROD should of been eliminated, but its too late.

Premium consoles are out of stock in a few shops here, plenty of Cores and Elites though....

@reasonable

brilliant analysis

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey