By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

Sad results from the pretty nice price cut. With this it's safe to say 360 already lost Europe, never had a chance in Japan. How long before is loses NA to the PS3 too? I say MGS4.

PS3 will beat the 360 by about 30k again next week (only Others, of course)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network
Auron said:
PooperScooper said:
gebx said:
Way to go MS... you dumb ass's

You should of cut the 360 price last year!

Price cut = Failed

Nice troll job Gebx.

I see no trolling inhis post.  In fact i applaud him for not trying to spin this like other 360 fans have. 

You ruined it. I wanted him to respond to it. I was setting him up.

Either he said

"I'm not trolling" and I would have said "but if someone pro something else said something like this you would jump all over them and call them a troll"

or he would say "I can troll because I support MS" and I would have said "Good job hypocryte I never want to hear you call anyone else a troll again."

I'm starting to calling Gebx and Claude and others out on their bullshit.

MontanaHatchet said:
Considering that the PS3 actually outsold the 360 in America upon its price cut (although NPD said differently), then I'm really not that impressed.

yup what u said..

This is awful for microsoft and every one knows it. they cannot play the price card anymore for at least a year and now sony can. I will wait for news from sony and microsoft to see if these sales are true.

Though this cut might have failed I think MS did the right thing and played it safe doing it in others only. If MS cut WW Sony would have been beat out every week and would need to respond before GTA4 so they wouldn't get blown away and left in the dust. I believe if this would have been the case Sony would have benefited more.

That being said Sony is in an excellent position now. They have decent sales week after week without taking a loss. They can now sit back relax and ride the wave the titles will create.

PooperScooper said:
Auron said:
PooperScooper said:
gebx said:
Way to go MS... you dumb ass's

You should of cut the 360 price last year!

Price cut = Failed

Nice troll job Gebx.

I see no trolling inhis post. In fact i applaud him for not trying to spin this like other 360 fans have.

You ruined it. I wanted him to respond to it. I was setting him up.

Either he said

"I'm not trolling" and I would have said "but if someone pro something else said something like this you would jump all over them and call them a troll"

or he would say "I can troll because I support MS" and I would have said "Good job hypocryte I never want to hear you call anyone else a troll again."

I'm starting to calling Gebx and Claude and others out on their bullshit.

Gebx is not that bad, there are worse Xbots around.  Plus he has House as his avatar. 

Around the Network
Auron said:

Gebx is not that bad, there are worse Xbots around.  Plus he has House as his avatar. 

Gebx calls me a troll because I called him out when he was comparing 36 months worth of 360's data to 33 months worth of Ps3's data and in his mind this proves the 360 will outsell the Ps3 this year.

So he in fact is a troll. Shouldn't be calling others a troll. So I dont like the guy

We won't know the real impact until 3-4 weeks into the price cut... but I'm not at all impressed with the initial figures. Its a pretty huge price cut, sales should have doubled in the first week IMO.

Its really a prelude to the GTA battle anyway - only (about) one month left...

Europe is the battle ground for MS (trying to beat PS3 sales), and US is the battle ground for Sony (trying to beat 360 figures). Ultimately, the numbers are still (currently) close enough to be a stalemate.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

PooperScooper said:
Auron said:

Gebx is not that bad, there are worse Xbots around. Plus he has House as his avatar.

Gebx calls me a troll because I called him out when he was comparing 36 months worth of 360's data to 33 months worth of Ps3's data and in his mind this proves the 360 will outsell the Ps3 this year.

So he in fact is a troll. Shouldn't be calling others a troll. So I dont like the guy

Nice job, solving personal matters in a thread.

also, no he ain't, but you are. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
PooperScooper said:
Auron said:

Gebx is not that bad, there are worse Xbots around. Plus he has House as his avatar.

Gebx calls me a troll because I called him out when he was comparing 36 months worth of 360's data to 33 months worth of Ps3's data and in his mind this proves the 360 will outsell the Ps3 this year.

Prove it. You guys really need some english lessons.

Troll:

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

that sounds like Gebx starcraft Neos and Claude. to me.

Neos said:
PooperScooper said:
Auron said:

I have to agree with Neos here