By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

PS3--MORE than last week

360 -- 10K more than last week---UK, scandavania, Australia & OTHER is the ONLy place where 360 outsold PS3

Wii/DS--WOW

PSP--meh

With GT 5 Prologue coming next week WHERE WILL PS3 SALES GO??

Discuss!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I think the 360 price cut did what it needed to do, and that was to close the gap between the consoles in that region, and I believe it did quite well in acheiving that.

mM

@leo-j

I personally think it did AWFUL..

Considering that the PS3 actually outsold the 360 in America upon its price cut (although NPD said differently), then I'm really not that impressed.

i agree with leo, it did have an effect.

any effect is good.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

i doubt micosoft lowered their price so they can just compete, i'm sure they wanted to outsell the ps3 at least the first week.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

hey atleast the 360 is closer to the PS3 than a couple of weeks ago.

mM

pricecut is a failure IF next week it drops back to normal. If it stays then its a success.

Wii and DS in Europe/Other alwasy a wow.

PS3 hanging steady.

With GT5P next week, PS3 should jump up quite a bit, considering GT is pretty big in Europe. Might even be close to Wii, if those Wii levels stay.

@leo-j

well duhh..

it is the price cut effect..

now its all downhill from here...sorry for being so harsh but this is VERY disappointing

the 360 is now cheaper than the wii

I think next week the PS3 will have another one of those lucky weeks were the wii sales drop due to "supply issue",  the PS3 will be able to acheive much higher sales than the wii, maybe by more than 20k of what the wii sales will be next week.

mM