By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

If the increased sales continue and do not fall back to pre price-cut then It would be a success.

Around the Network

It's funny that fanboys who declared that MS HAD to drop the price now say it happened to early.

Furthermore, it's hilarious that people see a 40% boost in sales as being "utter failure."

More than anything I'm in hysterics that people that emphatically declared that the Arcade was a dud console that noone should buy now use it as a justification to claim that the 360 is cheaper than the Wii...............

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Not surprised EU is'nt one country like US. It has many different areas that just will never be drawn away from the Playstation brand. A significantly more expensive console without its well reknown franchises yet to be released isnt going anywhere but up.

Ynwa.

Given the weight of the Euro against the dollar, and the fact Microsoft had hardly cut the 360's Europe price at all until two weeks ago, they could easily afford another drop at the end of the year, albeit a smaller one, without losing console profitability.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
It's funny that fanboys who declared that MS HAD to drop the price now say it happened to early.

Furthermore, it's hilarious that people see a 40% boost in sales as being "utter failure."

More than anything I'm in hysterics that people that emphatically declared that the Arcade was a dud console that noone should buy now use it as a justification to claim that the 360 is cheaper than the Wii...............

are you happy with the result so far, because i'm sure someone is getting fired over this faillure. they spent so much on marketing to begin with and they can only say they outsold  the PSP.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I don't think we can fairly determine if the price drop is a success until we see how it effects sales long term. The PS3 price drops had huge spikes that dropped quickly because price was the main issue. The 360 has always been cheaper so it wasn't a price drop that people were waiting for as much. If in the long run in increases sales by 10k to 15k per week then I would say that it was successful. It will take PS3 forever to pass 360's userbase if they only outsell the 360 by 6k per week.

The 360 is one PS3 price drop away from death in Europe. None of this is even shocking, I could have told you this would happen last year. NA won't be getting much better either, and actually I'll bet anyone that even though ioi has the 360 outselling the PS3, the PS3 will have more sales in America come NPD.(March)

There's nothing that anyone, other than internet nerds, really cares about on the 360. It's not the in thing anymore, and the further prices are dropped the more pricing won't matter anymore. If the PS3 hits $299 this year, regardless of whatever release, the 360 will never pass it for any month ever again. This time next year the 360 will be on the edge of death WW.

Very low sales for Xbox360 and PSP, Nintendo in the heaven.

I think they should have waited until gta to have a pricecut it would have bigger effect on sales. Also 3 big hits are on ps3, GTP, GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid. The only chance to outsell it is during gta4 launch, as cheaper alternative.

360 price drop has very little affect on sales, PS3 remains top dog, and always will, might outsell DS and Wii when Prologue comes ou