By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

@coolestguy

last week PS3 was 9K behind 360 in USA..

& it was 13K ahead in Japan..

Japan will help Ps3 squeeze victory

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Amid the 360 price drop disappointment we ALL missed out 1 thing

PSP SALES ARE AWFUL!!

Yea, you must be loving that.

i really think microsoft used their 'price-drop' card too early. i higly doubt they can drop the price any further for a long time.

if i was a betting man, i would have lost everything, i was expectig at least 100k this week. huge failure indeed. They have to remember the UK is just one country in Others.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Amid the 360 price drop disappointment we ALL missed out 1 thing

PSP SALES ARE AWFUL!!

Atleast there up from last week =D

mM

@leo-j

yeah I guess thats a positive aspect

This price-drop did increase sale, so Microsoft will have something to brag about.

But in retrospect, it did absolute nothing to stop the sales of PS3, with GT5P hitting tomorrow, xbox will not outsell PS3 this year, and frankly, for its lifetime.

Microsoft was better off staying with the course and make a bit profit from each 360 sold.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

If it stays up and keeps pace with PS3 I say its a great achievement for MS.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

FaRmLaNd said:
Unfortunately the price cut did exactly what I thought it'd do. Which was close the gap between the ps3 and the 360. I wanted it to surpass it but it was never realistically going to. Lets just hope the 360 remains steady at this higher level for a while. The 360 is after all very good value now that its so cheap.
 I think the 360's price point is damaging to the point that it actualy makes the PS3 look better , you can't get anything advanced hardware for £150 in the europe , this'll confuse the consumer. 

"DOATS1 said: i really think microsoft used their 'price-drop' card too early. i higly doubt they can drop the price any further for a long time."

If microsoft made the 360 any cheaper they'd be giving it away , it's only £50 more than a brand new ps2 here.