By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

Auron said:
BrayanA said:
First - there are no price cuts in all Europe countries.
Second - In many Europe countries with price cuts there are no 360 on the market to buy.
The situation is very suspicious. I wander what MS are planning?

Man that is rich, not even the most extreme Xbots would try to claim that 360 is sold out in some countries. HAHA man that has gotta be some of the best PR spin. MS cuts the price of XB360 in areas where it is sold out. They would have to be retarded to make price cuts in markets where it is sold out.

So my question to you is why would MS cut the price when they are sold out in a specific area?

I don't know! This is exactly what I asked!

In my country 360s are still with the old price. I have a friend from greece and he told me that they have price cuts but there are no 360 on the market to buy.

Around the Network
I_own_a_PS3 said:
smbu2000 said:
I_own_a_PS3 said:
The XBox 360 gets beaten in Europe again.
PS3 is unstoppable.

The PS3 gets beaten in Europe again.
Wii is unstoppable.

It is a battle between PS3 and XBox 360. Nintendo Wii is not a HD gaming console.

Dude, why did you even bite.

He obviously is quite displeased with the 360 being used in the context of being the underdog compared the PS3.

Such people should just be left alone.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I admit missing both 360 and Wii numbers this week, but my PS3 prediction was spot on though.
But, I was still right in my assumption that the pricecut would not enable the 360 to pass the PS3 even for a week in Eu/Others!
This more or less confirms that the 360 indeed only has one major market, at least for now, and that does not bode well at all.
It is a measly 6-7k behind the PS3 now, but as soon as the typical PS hardware movers arrive this year, the Eu/Others numbers will probably be larger than Japan and NA put together, this is Sony territory still.
Overall, I'll stand by my end of 08 hardware predictions for now.
Surprisingly good week for Wii in Eu/Others I must say.

starcraft said:
It's funny that fanboys who declared that MS HAD to drop the price now say it happened to early.

Furthermore, it's hilarious that people see a 40% boost in sales as being "utter failure."

More than anything I'm in hysterics that people that emphatically declared that the Arcade was a dud console that noone should buy now use it as a justification to claim that the 360 is cheaper than the Wii...............

That is a very interesting point...  I agree and am also in hysterics.

OT:

Time will tell, as Rocketpig said, we don't know what the sustained effect will be.  It could pull a PS3 and drop in a few weeks, or stay at above 60 levels.  It's a wait and see game now.

O__o

I forgot GTS:P comes out next week.

I don't think 360 sales will stay where they are at now.

Around the Network
Auron said:
PooperScooper said:
gebx said:
Way to go MS... you dumb ass's

You should of cut the 360 price last year!

Price cut = Failed

Nice troll job Gebx.

I see no trolling inhis post. In fact i applaud him for not trying to spin this like other 360 fans have.

I try to be reasonable...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

The X360 is up almost 75% YOY versus last year...How is that bad?

Maybe it's just me, but I never, ever expected the 360 to beat the PS3 in Europe. If the 360 can hold at a position "near" the PS3, and sell above 50,000 any given week in PAL territories, I think thats a good number.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

gebx said:
Auron said:
PooperScooper said:
gebx said:
Way to go MS... you dumb ass's

You should of cut the 360 price last year!

Price cut = Failed

Nice troll job Gebx.

I see no trolling inhis post. In fact i applaud him for not trying to spin this like other 360 fans have.

I try to be reasonable...

That's my job - you can be sensible.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

FaRmLaNd said:
Unfortunately the price cut did exactly what I thought it'd do. Which was close the gap between the ps3 and the 360. I wanted it to surpass it but it was never realistically going to. Lets just hope the 360 remains steady at this higher level for a while. The 360 is after all very good value now that its so cheap.

X360 a good value? - get a life!

A console that only works for a few months and then stops working - It will NEVER be a good value, not for ANY price!

Please do not mention the guarantee, it will still stop working, and it will take weeks to fix and it will stop working after the guarantee expires.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

The price cut had little effect, that's true but maybe they were low on stock?

I mean in Greece the Arcade model is sold out litterally everywhere!
Maybe it's the same in other European countries. We'll know in a few weeks i guess.