By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers rumor: Zelda U to have a playable female, fully voice acted, releasing NX and Wii U

Volterra_90 said:
Darc Requiem said:

You realize that article is BS right?

It can be, but that won't change my mind that I couldn't care less about if she's or trasgender or not lol. But that's not the topic, so it'll be my last sentece about it :P.

I care about the truth. I don't like people spreading false narratives. This is the polar opposite of the Poison situation in Street Fighter. Poison is transgender and people swear that she isn't. Sorry for going off topic everyone.

Around the Network
Wright said:
TheLegendofDS said:
Direct quote from the Metroid Wiki:"Orphaned during a Space Pirate raid on her home of K-2L, Samus was adopted by the mysterious Chozo and taken toZebes where she was infused with their DNA and raised to become a warrior."So unless you have some real evidence,Samus is a women no matter how much SJW wish she was trans.

Wikis sometimes say debatable things, considering they can be edited by anyone. Like Other M being canon, but the Prime series are not. :P

And Other M is canon and the Prime Series isn't because Sakamoto said so and he also said that Samus isn't a newhalf and again this comes from the Metroid Wiki:" series co-creator Yoshio Sakamoto, who joked in 2004 that a Metroid game on the PlayStation 2 would be "as likely as Samus Aran being a newhalf."

Mummelmann said:
Guitarguy said:
Voice acting for all but Link? Way to take the immersion out of the game...

Have you played Half-Life 2? It can work like a charm if you do it correctly.

Half Life 2, presumably, not being an example of doing correctly? Seriously, every time Freeman was addressed it felt awkward as hell.

Wright said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Not sure how I feel about the whole playable female, seems like a feature that would be shoehorned for something like Zelda just to please the audiences that can't accept that not every game has to have a female protagonist.

Voice acting part is huge though, and would certainly be a good step for the Zelda series

But, couldn't you also say that the voice acting seems like a feature that would be shoehorned for something like Zelda just to please the audiences that can't accept that not every game has to have voice acting?

Why can't be the voice acting the controversial part, and the playable female a good step for the Zelda series?

Playing with a female would be a good step for the series if the character was new,like the daughter of Link and Zelda,or Zelda herself but Link with boobs is pointless

So it begins

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
Around the Network
TheLegendofDS said:

And Other M is canon and the Prime Series isn't because Sakamoto said so and he also said that Samus isn't a newhalf and again this comes from the Metroid Wiki:" series co-creator Yoshio Sakamoto, who joked in 2004 that a Metroid game on the PlayStation 2 would be "as likely as Samus Aran being a newhalf."

The thing is, the Metroid Wiki doesn't take anything for granted:

During a post-development interview following Super Metroid 's release in 1994, when asked if there were any secrets about Samus that only he knew, Matsuoka claimed that Samus was actually a transgender woman. A later interview with Yoshio Sakamoto would later joke about the same quote from said interview, saying that a Metroid game was as likely to come to PS2 as Samus was to be a transvestite. This has recently led to much debate regarding the legitimacy of the claim [...]

Two developers, one says one thing, the other, a different one. Hence, the possibility still lies there.

shenlong213 said:

So it begins

You wasted a perfect opportunity to use the Shang Tsung "it has begun" gif

Darc Requiem said:
Wright said:

Here, read this.

http://www.themarysue.com/metroids-samus-aran-transgender-woman/

You realize that article is BS right?

It is? Why?

As long as gender is optional and I can still play as Link, this is pretty good news if true.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I like the sound of female Link :)