By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers rumor: Zelda U to have a playable female, fully voice acted, releasing NX and Wii U

I'm 100% sure that I'll be able to enjoy Zelda U no matter what Link has under his/her pants.

The option to play as the female Linkle is perfectly fine imo. I wouldn't mind the option to change the colour of Link's skin either.

Personally, I'd probably just go with the Link I've known since I was a child but it's optional and I couldn't care less which Link other people choose to play as.

Around the Network

Personally I'm fine with the Female character selection as long as story isn't affected, I can see it causing trouble with the plot of the game where Link forms a relationship with princess Zelda, I mean, don't act as if in case they left the game as it is for the female character people would be fine with it because YOU KNOW people would complain about stuff like "Nintendo is trying to make my daughter lesbian" and similar... also you can't even replace princess Zelda with a Prince because it's due to her that the series is called Zelda after all...

I'm not too big of a fan of female Link. I thought the whole idea was that they're reincarnations of The boy hero in green and the Princess :S

Luke888 said:
Personally I'm fine with the Female character selection as long as story isn't affected, I can see it causing trouble with the plot of the game where Link forms a relationship with princess Zelda, I mean, don't act as if in case they left the game as it is for the female character because YOU KNOW people would complain about stuff like "Nintendo is trying to make my daughter lesbian" and similar... also you can't even replace princess Zelda with a Prince because it's due to her that the series is called Zelda after all...

Just because you have to rescue Zelda doesn't mean that ultimately Zelda and Link have to be engaged.

Wright said:
Nautilus said:

But doing a female Link just for the sake of it?I find it wrong.I mean, you could do it because the lore allows it, but I find it wrong.Link has always been male and should remain so.Lately there has been too much political correctness and that would be another case of it in my opinion.

Having said that, if gamers are interested to play a Zelda game as a femlae protagonist, why not make Zelda the main caracther?Or even better, a new one with a whole new personality, backstory(as to why she is fighting against evil and so on), and cast of friends.Maybe a new location.It would make everyone happy(well most anyway.I just dont see the need to make a female Link skin.

And Samus is female.Nintendo never said otherwise.

This has nothing to do with political correctness. It's all about choices and broading the player's horizon. You can pick up what you want at the start: male or female. There's your option there if you want Link to be male. For the rest who want Link to be female, there's the option as well. You might find it wrong, but there's nothing wrong about it in itself.

Gamers don't develop Zelda games. Nintendo does. If Nintendo sees fit making a Zelda game, then we would gladly purchase it. If they don't, we're stuck with what they give us. Nintendo thinks it's a good idea (it is, it's actually great) to include a female main character in the new Zelda game, which can potentially be female Link (Unconfirmed yet).

Yeah, Samus is female. A transgender female, that's it.

Of couse Nintendo could do a Zelda game with a female lead.And if the game is good, I would be more than happy to play it.And if you apply the this concept of the "more choices, the better" to everything, it will come at a cost.I will give kind of an extreme example but here it is:What if alot of people dont like good endings, or bad ones?So you need to put both them in the game to satisfy them and make people to be more included?Or like when games are too dificult for some, so you tone down the difficulty to make them be able to play?(without putting difficulty setting, which has been the case for most Zelda games)Giving too much freedom sometimes comes at a cost.Thats why i respect the Dark Souls(Disgaea) so much.And if keep making unpopular choices left and right, without having a really good reason, you are just bound to burn yourself.

And no, Samus is female.If thats false, then show an official statement from Nintendo saying it and link it here.And no, that article from that woman dosent count, as it is just an theory, and by extent, an fanfiction

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Wright said:
potato_hamster said:

You're not technically incorrect, as I edited my post with a spoiler to discuss, but it's a big stretch to say you're playing as a female Venom Snake.

I know it was a stretch, I just tried to point out that a FemSnake wouldn't be incompatible with the Metal Gear Solid universe, just like a Female Link isn't with Zelda's one.

But, still, I'm wrong with that example. I check back my own file and yup, you can't edit the Singleplayer MGSV avatar to be a female, you're always stuck with the male option. You can only edit it on the online portion of the game.

I wouldn't disagree with you there. If they were to create a Metal Gear Solid 6 where you play as the female clone of Solid Snake (or Meryl's hypothetical daughter for that matter) I don't think that would be incompatible with the universe they've presented so far.

As for Zelda, I don't think they would have an issue either. As far as I know (and i could be wrong, I was never that into Zelda lore) Every Link and Zelda are the part of the same lineage, it's just Link/Zelda from X point in time or that Link/Zelda's great great great great grandchildren or some sort. I don't see how having a female Link or a male Zelda would break that.

Wright said:
Luke888 said:
Personally I'm fine with the Female character selection as long as story isn't affected, I can see it causing trouble with the plot of the game where Link forms a relationship with princess Zelda, I mean, don't act as if in case they left the game as it is for the female character because YOU KNOW people would complain about stuff like "Nintendo is trying to make my daughter lesbian" and similar... also you can't even replace princess Zelda with a Prince because it's due to her that the series is called Zelda after all...

Just because you have to rescue Zelda doesn't mean that ultimately Zelda and Link have to be engaged.

I know but I don't want the addition of sex selection to be the cause of difficulties whenever the plot of the game necessitates the two to engage...

Wright said:
Volterra_90 said:

That came out of nowhere haha. 

Here, read this.

http://www.themarysue.com/metroids-samus-aran-transgender-woman/

Quoting anything by Brianna Wu isn't going to do anything to help you win an argument. That woman is the embodiment of a living clickbait title. She literally makes her living off of putting herself in the spotlight by saying controversial things. I'm not saying you're wrong, but you need more reputable sources if you want your argument to be taken seriously.

Wright said:
Volterra_90 said:

Here, read this.

You realize that article is BS right?

Wright said:
Volterra_90 said:

Here, read this.

Direct quote from the Metroid Wiki:"Orphaned during a Space Pirate raid on her home of K-2L, Samus was adopted by the mysterious Chozo and taken toZebes where she was infused with their DNA and raised to become a warrior."So unless you have some real evidence,Samus is a women no matter how much SJW wish she was trans.