By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers rumor: Zelda U to have a playable female, fully voice acted, releasing NX and Wii U

Nautilus said:

Of couse Nintendo could do a Zelda game with a female lead.And if the game is good, I would be more than happy to play it.And if you apply the this concept of the "more choices, the better" to everything, it will come at a cost.I will give kind of an extreme example but here it is:What if alot of people dont like good endings, or bad ones?So you need to put both them in the game to satisfy them and make people to be more included?Or like when games are too dificult for some, so you tone down the difficulty to make them be able to play?(without putting difficulty setting, which has been the case for most Zelda games)Giving too much freedom sometimes comes at a cost.Thats why i respect the Dark Souls(Disgaea) so much.And if keep making unpopular choices left and right, without having a really good reason, you are just bound to burn yourself.

And no, Samus is female.If thats false, then show an official statement from Nintendo saying it and link it here.And no, that article from that woman dosent count, as it is just an theory, and by extent, an fanfiction

The problem with your extreme scenario, which isn't extreme at all, is that you seem to get upset for the inclusion of those things as opposed as their absence following whatever tradition they had on the same franchise. I'll explain: what we're seeing here, in this thread, means you'll get mad with a game for including "bad endings" when the whole franchise has never included some. As opposed to not care at all, if it doesn't suit your tastes on the franchise. You're getting mad because there's the option of Female Link, but you still have the chance to play as male Link.

Did you get mad when Nintendo started including Hero Mode, altering the original versions of those games to accomodate this new particular mechanic? Of course not, because it's entirely optional. Same thing here with a female Link. It's entirely optional. You aren't forced to pick it up. Whereas a game lacking it would force us all to play with a male Link. That's good for you, not so good for people who actually want a female version.

Of course, if Nintendo had gone the same as usual, and just give Male Link, no one would bat an eye. Some would be disappointed that no female Link is available, but that's it. Now that they are going to give the option, people complain...why? It's Nintendo's choice ultimately. I'm dying to play as female Link.

If the Souls game started giving an easy mode because the developer included, I understand some people would get mad, but ultimately they would still buy the game and enjoy it nonetheless. It's simple as that, just like here.

And you didn't read the Samus article? It's not fanfiction. Hirofumi Matsuoka, co-creator of Samus, said it himself. Then there's also Yoshio Sakamoto, co-director of Metroid, saying that the possibility lies there, although he doesn't confirm or dismiss anything. So yeah, it's not fanfiction. Unless Nintendo comes out and outright denies it, then we'll have to take the word of the man in charge of creating Samus, don't you agree? Dismissing his word would be fanfiction, not the other way around.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

You realize that article is BS right?

It can be, but that won't change my mind that I couldn't care less about if she's or trasgender or not lol. But that's not the topic, so it'll be my last sentece about it :P.

This is the same person who said there would be a Paper Mario game on Wii U. It makes sense and I believe it. So excited.

Volterra_90 said:

If his is true, it's a step in the right direction. And she's Emily Rogers, trustworthy source, so I'm willing to trust that she, at least, heard that. Voice acting, man. And the possibility of choosing a female character is always good, as Link is the avatar for the player, so I hope they do that.

Tell that to Mariotehplumber. He believed that the Zelda series is ruined and is hentai all because of adding Linkle (basically a genderbent version of Link) to Hyrule Warriors (even though she is a non-canon character in a non-canon game).

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Tell that to Mariotehplumber. He believed that the Zelda series is ruined and is hentai all because of adding Linkle (basically a genderbent version of Link) to Hyrule Warriors (even though she is a non-canon character in a non-canon game).

So, everything that involves women is hentai? Jesus, what a world XD.

Around the Network
TheLegendofDS said:
Direct quote from the Metroid Wiki:"Orphaned during a Space Pirate raid on her home of K-2L, Samus was adopted by the mysterious Chozo and taken toZebes where she was infused with their DNA and raised to become a warrior."So unless you have some real evidence,Samus is a women no matter how much SJW wish she was trans.

Wikis sometimes say debatable things, considering they can be edited by anyone. Like Other M being canon, but the Prime series are not. :P

EDIT: the fact that the gender pronouns talk about her being a woman isn't incorrect. As I said earlier, Samus is a woman. A transgender one, but a woman nonetheless.

Not sure how I feel about the whole playable female, seems like a feature that would be shoehorned for something like Zelda just to please the audiences that can't accept that not every game has to have a female protagonist.

Voice acting part is huge though, and would certainly be a good step for the Zelda series

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I dont know what to think about female character and voice acting, I dont have nothing against but maybe are too big changes for Zelda.

Ultrashroomz said:
Not sure how I feel about the whole playable female, seems like a feature that would be shoehorned for something like Zelda just to please the audiences that can't accept that not every game has to have a female protagonist.

Voice acting part is huge though, and would certainly be a good step for the Zelda series

But, couldn't you also say that the voice acting seems like a feature that would be shoehorned for something like Zelda just to please the audiences that can't accept that not every game has to have voice acting?

Why can't be the voice acting the controversial part, and the playable female a good step for the Zelda series?

Mummelmann said:
Guitarguy said:
Voice acting for all but Link? Way to take the immersion out of the game...

Have you played Half-Life 2? It can work like a charm if you do it correctly.

I have actually but I see first person shooters as generally less character driven as compared to games like Ocarina of Time(Zelda games), The Last of Us, Final Fantasy, Uncharted series etc. I find the character immerson, depth and connection in those games to resonate much more than the likes of Half Life, Quake, Doom(all silent protagonists). Just my opinion