By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV needs to be AMAZING.

bigtakilla said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

It's more about the fact that because FFXV is both from an established franchise and it is pushing so many limits from the norm of its series.  It could influence so many different genres and even just the look of a game.  You have to admit that we've never seen 4 main characters like this together as one unit (the boy band look), much less as the full main party of an open world AAA RPG.  It's very jarring and takes you out of your comfort zone for a standard RPG.

And all this being done for probably the most hyped up game of this generation.  Aside of Destiny maybe, hard to say.  Still, Destiny wasn't announced 10 years ago.

To me this reeks of lazyness. 4 guys who look very stylistically similar and that's it. Also forcing a look on a character in 2016 in FF needs to stop. Not being able to equip various types of armor to get a look the player wants also just comes off as extremely lazy as well. 

I really don't see how that's lazy in this case. SE constantly creates very colorful characters with major differences in look.  This was an intentional decision for the purposes of story.  

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
Mike_L said:
Uabit said:
MGS V, The order 1886, Halo 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Fallout 4... I've lost count of this gen's disappointments. Luckily The Witcher 3 saved us all.

Yeah. Many disappointments this gen so far. Fortunately quite a bunch of positive experiences as well imo.

The Witcher 3 (as you mentioned)
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 1 + 2
Rocket League
Bloodborne
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Resogun
Ori and the Blind Forest
Diablo 3
Trackmania Turbo
Gravity Rush
Dirt Rally
Dying Light
The Division
Tearaway
Quantum Break
Far Cry: Primal
The Witness
Mortal Kombat X
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Motorsport Horizon 2
Driveclub (I enjoyed it at least)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (I enjoyed it at least)
Firewatch
Alien: Isolation
SOMA
Until Dawn
Outlast
Layers of Fear
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
etc.

exactly!

vivster said:
Mike_L said:

What do you mean?

I guess you see the problem here. It's not selling ten times as much on PC. It would be such a great relief for SE if they wouldn't have to release on consoles anymore. Finally being able to present their full vision without sacrificing visuals or performance.

no developer or very few of them will actually risk and make a full AAA high-budget game exclusively for pc, that's why the majority of pc games, temporary or not, are low-budget indies like five nights at freddys, undertale, etc because the majority of people doesn't even have or cares to have a powerful pc or the time and money to always upgrade it and make sure that you can play games properly on it without having technical issues and/or bad graphics, that's why they get more potential sales out of the consoles versions because people buy consoles to play this type of high budget AAA games and also because you don't need to invest more money upgrading them, that means even if your console was released 10 years ago you will still be able to play newer games on it, as opposed to pc hardware (i have my ps3 from 2007, and still can play 2016's games)

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Steam-Survey-Most-PC-Gamers-Have-Weaker-PCs-Than-PS4-Xbox-One-58833.html

Chazore said:
Mike_L said:

Way to argue. Put words in my mouth. How nice of you.

Where do I say that console gamers pay for everything?
Developers say that games wouldn't have anywhere near the vision and scale without sales from consoles ≠ console gamers pay for everything.

Where do I say that PS users are entitled brats?
I specifically asked Vivster why he's often complaining when his versions have all the expensive effects and at the same time top resolution and fps ≠ PC users in general are entitled brats.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that you're trying to put me in the haters group so that nothing I say can be taken seriously but please try to rise above that.

Tell me where you feel I'm wrong. Maybe I am wrong indeed. I'm willing to listen and potentially learn. :)

Way to imply, like it or not that you did besides the point.

You said "Consoles gamers pay for the expensive development and you receive the prettiest version." rather than saying some, what you said is implied for all the games while also ignoring what PC users have paid for over the eyars, hell even with sites like KS that has PC users funding said devs and their games.

The entitld part comes from the desire to want higher quality let alone being able to play a game they would like to, instead you just want people to be content to a level of your choosing despite the fact that all humans have varying levels of what they could be content with.

Unfortunetely it seems to me that you're trying to put me in the opposite group so that nothing I say can be taken seriously (seriously the same argument can be applied in return unless you're willing to discuss).

"I'm willing to listen and potentially learn. :)"

Are you sure?, you sound like you know you're not wrong in any sense of the matter, why would you want to learn when you already feel you aren't wrong?.

Why I'd want to learn? Because of your comment. You had some good points about e.g. Kickstarter.

My initial goal was trying to get Vivster to explain why he always feel that consoles limit devs in their vision and scale (when according to many devs console sales is the reason why games can have follow their vision and scale). Unfortunately, thanks to this nitpicking he'll probably just keep away.

Tabathedfield said:
Mike_L said:

Yeah. Many disappointments this gen so far. Fortunately quite a bunch of positive experiences as well imo.

The Witcher 3 (as you mentioned)
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 1 + 2
Rocket League
Bloodborne
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Resogun
Ori and the Blind Forest
Diablo 3
Trackmania Turbo
Gravity Rush
Dirt Rally
Dying Light
The Division
Tearaway
Quantum Break
Far Cry: Primal
The Witness
Mortal Kombat X
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Motorsport Horizon 2
Driveclub (I enjoyed it at least)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (I enjoyed it at least)
Firewatch
Alien: Isolation
SOMA
Until Dawn
Outlast
Layers of Fear
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
etc.

exactly!

vivster said:

I guess you see the problem here. It's not selling ten times as much on PC. It would be such a great relief for SE if they wouldn't have to release on consoles anymore. Finally being able to present their full vision without sacrificing visuals or performance.

no developer or very few of them will actually risk and make a full AAA high-budget game exclusively for pc, that's why the majority of pc games, temporary or not, are low-budget indies like five nights at freddys, undertale, etc because the majority of people doesn't even have or cares to have a powerful pc or the time and money to always upgrade it and make sure that you can play games properly on it without having technical issues and/or bad graphics, that's why they get more potential sales out of the consoles versions because people buy consoles to play this type of high budget AAA games and also because you don't need to invest more money upgrading them, that means even if your console was released 10 years ago you will still be able to play newer games on it, as opposed to pc hardware (i have my ps3 from 2007, and still can play 2016's games)

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Steam-Survey-Most-PC-Gamers-Have-Weaker-PCs-Than-PS4-Xbox-One-58833.html

You hit the nail on the head with this comment. But I guess we're rude for pointing it out.

I fail to see why console gamers are to blame for resolution and fps when the majority of PC gamers have weaker specs than console gamers.

If it could pay off economically, naturally more devs would cater to these few monster rigs but why complain and call them lazy when it currently isn't econimically justifiable?

Mike_L said:

Why I'd want to learn? Because of your comment. You had some good points about e.g. Kickstarter.

My initial goal was trying to get Vivster to explain why he always feel that consoles limit devs in their vision and scale (when according to many devs console sales is the reason why games can have follow their vision and scale). Unfortunately, thanks to this nitpicking he'll probably just keep away.

How were they even good points though?.

I imagine he thought so because the current gen are sporting hardware that isn't really as up to date as hardware being released yearly by Nvidia/AMD, I mean look at what the Wii U can handle next to a PS4.

Devs can't exactly achieve their vision on one but can on another, that tells you that hardware is an important factor at play, it's also why last gen can't handle the most current of games at the same settings because their hardware cannot handle what is being asked, the same has happened with current gen systems that were touted as 1080p 60fps systems before launch, come launch we are seeing sacrifices being made, why should there by any sacrifices at all if current gen systems allow devs to achieve their vision?, why must they have to tone down anything at all?, their vision doesn't exactly have tone down res/fps/textures as their main plan and yet it has happened for the past two years.

(Btw I mean you no form of hostility, I just don't agree with your view on who pays for games vs who doesn't, I've seen plenty of titles supported by PC and some that even made the light of day thanks to the platform, especially with genres that have once been exclusive to the platform).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XV has not a standard for western games to meet, but rather Japanese games. Japanese development is still working to catch up.

Chazore said:
Mike_L said:

1: How were they even good points though?.

2: I imagine he thought so because the current gen are sporting hardware that isn't really as up to date as hardware being released yearly by Nvidia/AMD, I mean look at what the Wii U can handle next to a PS4.

3: Devs can't exactly achieve their vision on one but can on another, that tells you that hardware is an important factor at play, it's also why last gen can't handle the most current of games at the same settings because their hardware cannot handle what is being asked, the same has happened with current gen systems that were touted as 1080p 60fps systems before launch, come launch we are seeing sacrifices being made, why should there by any sacrifices at all if current gen systems allow devs to achieve their vision?, why must they have to tone down anything at all?, their vision doesn't exactly have tone down res/fps/textures as their main plan and yet it has happened for the past two years.

4: (Btw I mean you no form of hostility, I just don't agree with your view on who pays for games vs who doesn't, I've seen plenty of titles supported by PC and some that even made the light of day thanks to the platform, especially with genres that have once been exclusive to the platform).

1: Granted. You had some fairly good points.

2: If only Vivster was able to answer for himself we wouldn't have to try to guess his views.

3: Hmm.. On one hand devs are lazy and bad at optimizing PC versions but on the other hand they fulfill their vision on PCs. Which one is it? If they fulfill their vision on PC why complain? What's not to like about consoles securing big funds for games like The Witcher 3 and you being able to play the definitive version and the true vision on your PC? Still, you refuse to deal with the fact that most PC gamers have weaker specs than Xbox One. Why?

4: My view?? It's the view of most devs that you don't agree with. I'm not talking about succesful e.g. strategy games on PC. I'm talking about games like Final Fantasy XV and The Witcher 3 hence the "Games LIKE THESE wouldn't have anywhere near the vision and scale they have if it wasn't for console sales."

I mean you no form of hostility either (and for the record I enjoy gaming on my PC as well as my PS4 and Wii U). It's all good :)

Mike_L said:

3: Hmm.. On one hand devs are lazy and bad at optimizing PC versions but on the other hand they fulfill their vision on PCs. Which one is it? If they fulfill their vision on PC why complain? What's not to like about consoles securing big funds for games like The Witcher 3 and you being able to play the definitive version and the true vision on your PC? Still, you refuse to deal with the fact that most PC gamers have weaker specs than Xbox One. Why?

4: My view?? It's the view of most devs that you don't agree with. I'm not talking about succesful e.g. strategy games on PC. I'm talking about games like Final Fantasy XV and The Witcher 3 hence the "Games LIKE THESE wouldn't have anywhere near the vision and scale they have if it wasn't for console sales."

I mean you no form of hostility either (and for the record I enjoy gaming on my PC as well as my PS4 and Wii U). It's all good :)

3. That doesn't really answer what I was trying to talk about for the console side when you talked about a devs vision though, trying to compare and notch down PC to the same level as a console isn't really going to make things even steven. I've played plenty of titles that work well on PC and look the part as well, times where I've managed to get what I wanted from a game than having to sacrifice for it. What's not to like about PC when it secures funds to make games that others will enjoy on other platforms?, plenty of KS and other dev funded games have started out on PC first, without those you just wouldn't have your games at all, you point me to Witcher and I'll simply point you to the rest that go PC first and there are plenty. Most PC gamers is old hat data you're sporting from a Cinemablend article, one that isn't a PC 100% reliable source, especially information that is now 3 years old.

4.By most devs you seem to go with the few that are within the AAA spec, not every other dev in total existence because that's simply not the same view and that's simply a fact because we all don't share the same exact view and goal, I honestly don't know why you're more than willing to knock everything or anything positive that PC has out of the park and nailing everything down to a few AAA games and then claiming PC doesn't do much if anything good at all, not anywhere enar console elvel which apparently means PC actually makes less, has less and gives less and that simply isn't true at all. You forget that without a PC you wouldn't even have any video games let alone a console, that very platform is the father of all video games.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Mike_L said:

3. That doesn't really answer what I was trying to talk about for the console side when you talked about a devs vision though, trying to compare and notch down PC to the same level as a console isn't really going to make things even steven. I've played plenty of titles that work well on PC and look the part as well, times where I've managed to get what I wanted from a game than having to sacrifice for it. What's not to like about PC when it secures funds to make games that others will enjoy on other platforms?, plenty of KS and other dev funded games have started out on PC first, without those you just wouldn't have your games at all, you point me to Witcher and I'll simply point you to the rest that go PC first and there are plenty. Most PC gamers is old hat data you're sporting from a Cinemablend article, one that isn't a PC 100% reliable source, especially information that is now 3 years old.

4.By most devs you seem to go with the few that are within the AAA spec, not every other dev in total existence because that's simply not the same view and that's simply a fact because we all don't share the same exact view and goal, I honestly don't know why you're more than willing to knock everything or anything positive that PC has out of the park and nailing everything down to a few AAA games and then claiming PC doesn't do much if anything good at all, not anywhere enar console elvel which apparently means PC actually makes less, has less and gives less and that simply isn't true at all. You forget that without a PC you wouldn't even have any video games let alone a console, that very platform is the father of all video games.

3: Sigh.. What's not to like about PC? What do you mean. I like gaming on my PC. My first comment was triggered by Vivster's "they should make FFXV exclusive to PC". That doesn't make sense when most PCs are weaker than Xbox One. Vision is a lot more than resolution and fps. It's also about scale, effects, etc.

4: Where do I knock everything positive that PS has out of the park? Where do I forget that games are developed on PCs? Why are you putting words in people's mouths? Please understand that I'm speaking of games LIKE THESE (Final Fantasy XV and The Witcher 3) as I write in my very first comment about the topic. Why in the world of logic should I argue that games exclusive to PC don't sell on PC.

There's no point at all keeping this "discussion" alive. There's not even anything at all to agree/disagree on. You don't have to waste your time answering. Personally, I'd prefer not to.

It's already divisive though. It's lost damn near everything I loved about final fantasy in exchange for being flashy to impress the dumb teen gamers who won't have the attention span to finish a long game anyways. They tossed out the wide variety of characters and personalities in favor of four dude-bros with the most generic personalities possible, and easy to draw anime character designs. The combat system blows chunks, just like the KH battle system. It's a game designed to appeal to young weeabo teens, and it'll do just that. Kids that shop at hot topic will love having new characters to cosplay as and draw yaoi crap about. Final Fantasy it most certainly isnt.

The user was moderated for this post - VXIII.