By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV needs to be AMAZING.

vivster said:
Mike_L said:

What do you mean?

I guess you see the problem here. It's not selling ten times as much on PC. It would be such a great relief for SE if they wouldn't have to release on consoles anymore. Finally being able to present their full vision without sacrificing visuals or performance.

Well of course it'd be wonderful if PC versions of games sold more than they currently do. No doubt about that.

With all due respect your logic is quite flawed though. You talk of vision. Games like these wouldn't have anywhere near the vision and scale they have if it wasn't for console sales. Example: Witcher 3 Wouldn't Exist Without Consoles.

Besides, Most PC Gamers Have Weaker PCs Than PS4 and Xbox One so with your logic Final Fantasy XV should be exclusive for rigs with more power than consoles. How much more power? You realize how small that customer group would be?

Just enjoy your favorite games man. We all perfectly know that a PC rig priced at $1,500 is more powerful than a console priced at $399.

There are more to graphics than resolution and fps. Just look at Driveclub, Halo 5, Mario Kart 8, Uncharted 4, etc. Why not be glad that you're able to play all the multiplats with great looking effects AND your preferred resolution and fps.

Consoles gamers pay for the expensive development and you receive the prettiest version. What's not to like? You always complain. Sigh.....

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

But in defense of okr, there is a clear difference between FF15 and the other FFs: the gameplay.The gameplay is one that will appeal more to the world in general than past FFs, and thus give it more potential to sell more.And also,as far as I have seen, it is an open world, more than other interations at least.Not to mention that Square is pushing the hell out of it, with animes, conferences and whatnot.

I mean, it may still make no difference, but there is no doubt that the potential for selling around 15 million is there.The game only needs now to deliver on its hype.It will die or live based on that.

It's still very much Japanese though, which could potentially be offputting to the same people that bought Fallout 4 or The Witcher 3. Furthermore, the new gameplay may turn off past fans since it's so radically different from any other game in the series. 

I really don't think there is potential for 15m at all. 10m is already a lofty enough goal.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Nautilus said:

But in defense of okr, there is a clear difference between FF15 and the other FFs: the gameplay.The gameplay is one that will appeal more to the world in general than past FFs, and thus give it more potential to sell more.And also,as far as I have seen, it is an open world, more than other interations at least.Not to mention that Square is pushing the hell out of it, with animes, conferences and whatnot.

I mean, it may still make no difference, but there is no doubt that the potential for selling around 15 million is there.The game only needs now to deliver on its hype.It will die or live based on that.

It's still very much Japanese though, which could potentially be offputting to the same people that bought Fallout 4 or The Witcher 3. Furthermore, the new gameplay may turn off past fans since it's so radically different from any other game in the series. 

I really don't think there is potential for 15m at all. 10m is already a lofty enough goal.

Well, being very japonese didnt prevent FF7 to sell like it did back in PS1.Its not a benefit, but its not much of an issue.And people(read:internet) always complain about changes, and always will until they feel with their own eyes if its good or not.To be fair, I include myself with them.But if SE does deliver in the gameplay, and its as good as, lets say FFX(because its my favorite FF and I dont want anyone complaining about it!!!!), people will simply stop bitching about it and buy the game.

So as I said, I very much believe the game success will depend on the reviews it get.And by success I mean it needs a 89, 90 or higher on metacritic for it to reach 10+ million.Ohter things, like marketing and such, is pretty much covered.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Mike_L said:
vivster said:

I guess you see the problem here. It's not selling ten times as much on PC. It would be such a great relief for SE if they wouldn't have to release on consoles anymore. Finally being able to present their full vision without sacrificing visuals or performance.

Well of course it'd be wonderful if PC versions of games sold more than they currently do. No doubt about that.

With all due respect your logic is quite flawed though. You talk of vision. Games like these wouldn't have anywhere near the vision and scale they have if it wasn't for console sales. Example: Witcher 3 Wouldn't Exist Without Consoles.

Besides, Most PC Gamers Have Weaker PCs Than PS4 and Xbox One so with your logic Final Fantasy XV should be exclusive for rigs with more power than consoles. How much more power? You realize how small that customer group would be?

Just enjoy your favorite games man. We all perfectly know that a PC rig priced at $1,500 is more powerful than a console priced at $399.

There are more to graphics than resolution and fps. Just look at Driveclub, Halo 5, Mario Kart 8, Uncharted 4, etc. Why not be glad that you're able to play all the multiplats with great looking effects AND your preferred resolution and fps.

Consoles gamers pay for the expensive development and you receive the prettiest version. What's not to like? You always complain. Sigh.....

console gamers pay for everything while PC users are entitled brats and don't matter, gotcha. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nautilus said:

Well, being very japonese didnt prevent FF7 to sell like it did back in PS1.Its not a benefit, but its not much of an issue.And people(read:internet) always complain about changes, and always will until they feel with their own eyes if its good or not.To be fair, I include myself with them.But if SE does deliver in the gameplay, and its as good as, lets say FFX(because its my favorite FF and I dont want anyone complaining about it!!!!), people will simply stop bitching about it and buy the game.

So as I said, I very much believe the game success will depend on the reviews it get.And by success I mean it needs a 89, 90 or higher on metacritic for it to reach 10+ million.Ohter things, like marketing and such, is pretty much covered.

Yeah but that game sold fairly evenly in each region. It was a huge hit in Japan. Home consoles aren't as big there anymore, and neither is the FF series in general. So now the heavy lifting has to be done in the west.

I agree that a good score will help it sell more, but yeah, 15m is just...unattainable imo, given the current information we have.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah but that game sold fairly evenly in each region. It was a huge hit in Japan. Home consoles aren't as big there anymore, and neither is the FF series in general. So now the heavy lifting has to be done in the west.

I agree that a good score will help it sell more, but yeah, 15m is just...unattainable imo, given the current information we have.

True about Japan,but even though its not the same after FFX, the brand continues really strong and didnt lose much of its name power.I mean FF13 sold more than 7 million and its probably one of the worst FFs, FF14 had a disastrous launch, but managed to get back on foot, with reimagining the whole game, and had tremendous succes, being one of the only MMO that can withstand having a subscription model.FF series in general continues to be very strong.

But yeah, it will be impossible to truly predict how much it will do.We can just hope

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Chazore said:
Mike_L said:

console gamers pay for everything while PC users are entitled brats and don't matter, gotcha. 

Way to argue. Put words in my mouth. How nice of you.

Where do I say that console gamers pay for everything?
Developers say that games wouldn't have anywhere near the vision and scale without sales from consoles ≠ console gamers pay for everything.

Where do I say that PS users are entitled brats?
I specifically asked Vivster why he's often complaining when his versions have all the expensive effects and at the same time top resolution and fps ≠ PC users in general are entitled brats.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that you're trying to put me in the haters group so that nothing I say can be taken seriously but please try to rise above that.

Tell me where you feel I'm wrong. Maybe I am wrong indeed. I'm willing to listen and potentially learn. :)

MGS V, The order 1886, Halo 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Fallout 4... I've lost count of this gen's disappointments. Luckily The Witcher 3 saved us all.

Uabit said:
MGS V, The order 1886, Halo 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Fallout 4... I've lost count of this gen's disappointments. Luckily The Witcher 3 saved us all.

Yeah. Many disappointments this gen so far. Fortunately quite a bunch of positive experiences as well imo.

The Witcher 3 (as you mentioned)
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 1 + 2
Rocket League
Bloodborne
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Resogun
Ori and the Blind Forest
Diablo 3
Trackmania Turbo
Gravity Rush
Dirt Rally
Dying Light
The Division
Tearaway
Quantum Break
Far Cry: Primal
The Witness
Mortal Kombat X
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Motorsport Horizon 2
Driveclub (I enjoyed it at least)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (I enjoyed it at least)
Firewatch
Alien: Isolation
SOMA
Until Dawn
Outlast
Layers of Fear
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
etc.

Mike_L said:

Way to argue. Put words in my mouth. How nice of you.

Where do I say that console gamers pay for everything?
Developers say that games wouldn't have anywhere near the vision and scale without sales from consoles ≠ console gamers pay for everything.

Where do I say that PS users are entitled brats?
I specifically asked Vivster why he's often complaining when his versions have all the expensive effects and at the same time top resolution and fps ≠ PC users in general are entitled brats.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that you're trying to put me in the haters group so that nothing I say can be taken seriously but please try to rise above that.

Tell me where you feel I'm wrong. Maybe I am wrong indeed. I'm willing to listen and potentially learn. :)

Way to imply, like it or not that you did besides the point.

You said "Consoles gamers pay for the expensive development and you receive the prettiest version." rather than saying some, what you said is implied for all the games while also ignoring what PC users have paid for over the eyars, hell even with sites like KS that has PC users funding said devs and their games.

The entitld part comes from the desire to want higher quality let alone being able to play a game they would like to, instead you just want people to be content to a level of your choosing despite the fact that all humans have varying levels of what they could be content with.

Unfortunetely it seems to me that you're trying to put me in the opposite group so that nothing I say can be taken seriously (seriously the same argument can be applied in return unless you're willing to discuss).

"I'm willing to listen and potentially learn. :)"

Are you sure?, you sound like you know you're not wrong in any sense of the matter, why would you want to learn when you already feel you aren't wrong?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"