By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun/ Moon leaked.

If this is a new generation, they'd better include some new Ice, Steel, and Fairy species!

Also, the titular duo for the sun and moon should be winged equines, typed Fire/Fairy and Dark/Fairy. Because reasons.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
tbone51 said:

Can we stop making rules, this isnt the past anymore, otherwise we would of had pokemon gray and now pokemon z. Its not guaranteed yet, but we couldpotential get a pokemon gen 6.5, just for this gen. There are several things hinting at it already. Lets see, under 20 hours to goooo

Out of curiosity, what is this gen 6.5 you're talking about? if it's like tellow/crystal/emerald/platinum/b2w2, sure it could happen. However, if we're getting pokemon games called Sun and Moon, there's no way it isn't the 7th gen.

There is your problem right there. Stop taking the obvious route. It's no rules here. Because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't happen.. 

That said why could we get a gen 6.5?

1. According to you, game freak has to follow the same rules. Gen 6 hasn't gotten it's new iteration yet (yellow/bw2/etc) 

2. Sun and moon are hinted in xy

3. Many rumors show we get a new region soon yet many unanswered questions remain in xy

4. Something about we are missing titles for gen 6 Pentagon? Saw on gaf

5. Never has there been a gen that we have had things introduced and not coded in the games yet. 

6. 20 year anniversary :p

7. This could be Johto equivalent situation. But in same generation. 

And this... 

8. It's confirmed for 3DS. If it were a new gen. Then it would mean no NX game Intill like 2019

spemanig said:
Paatar said:

They can choose whichever... However, it's reaching to call Pearl light red. It's pink. Lol. There's a name for that.

All pink is is light red. It's not some special exception to color theory. It just has a different name.

Regardless... If you want change that badly... Work for Gamefreak. 

if you get upset over colors then you probably don't deserve your eyes. 

It doesn't matter. Stop. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

BraLoD said:
Thunderbird77 said:

They can add zygarde's forms in a new gen, no problem.

Are you sure you quoted the right post? Your post doesn't make any sense there.

You said it would be the first time we didn't have a third installment.  I say that's not a problem, as they can add in a new gen whatever they were going to on a third installment, like zygarde's forms.

tbone51 said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Out of curiosity, what is this gen 6.5 you're talking about? if it's like tellow/crystal/emerald/platinum/b2w2, sure it could happen. However, if we're getting pokemon games called Sun and Moon, there's no way it isn't the 7th gen.

There is your problem right there. Stop taking the obvious route. It's no rules here. Because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't happen.. 

1. According to you, game freak has to follow the same rules. Gen 6 hasn't gotten it's new iteration yet (yellow/bw2/etc) 

3. Many rumors show we get a new region soon yet many unanswered questions remain in xy

5. Never has there been a gen that we have had things introduced and not coded in the games yet. 

And this... 

8. It's confirmed for 3DS. If it were a new gen. Then it would mean no NX game Intill like 2019.

You didn't even answer the question. what is this gen 6.5 you're talking about? is it the usual third installment?

1. Go lie somewhere else about what others say. GF can do as they please, and a third installment may be deemed unecessary this time.

2. Where?

3. Just what? Even if we believe that, new region always meant new gen so far. many questions remain for every gen of pokemon games.

4. Again, what?

5. So? That doesn't seem like it's changing anytime soon.

6. So what's a better way to celebrate than a new gen?

7.Sure, it COULD but there is no evidence AND never happened before, so we should assume it isn't.

8. Just like gold/silver and black/white. And even diamond/pearl weren't launch titles for the ds.

I'll add a 9. You really think a new region and no new pokemon would get the audience interested? Any company knows it's a big no.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
tbone51 said:

And this... 

8. It's confirmed for 3DS. If it were a new gen. Then it would mean no NX game Intill like 2019.

You didn't even answer the question. what is this gen 6.5 you're talking about? is it the usual third installment?

1. Go lie somewhere else about what others say. GF can do as they please, and a third installment may be deemed unecessary this time.

2. Where?

3. Just what? Even if we believe that, new region always meant new gen so far. many questions remain for every gen of pokemon games.

4. Again, what?

5. So? That doesn't seem like it's changing anytime soon.

6. So what's a better way to celebrate than a new gen?

7.Sure, it COULD but there is no evidence AND never happened before, so we should assume it isn't.

8. Just like gold/silver and black/white. And even diamond/pearl weren't launch titles for the ds.

I'll add a 9. You really think a new region and no new pokemon would get the audience interested? Any company knows it's a big no.

I think there will be new pokemon. I think the latter half of gen 6.  So another 50-80 pokémon. Gen 6.5 to me is a continuation of xy with new pokemon and a new region. Well see soon enough right?  Under 18 hours to go

Nice! I love the names. Pokemon Moon will be mine! :D

Maybe they are a "special gen" to celebrate the 20th anniversary and not a new gen :O
My brain´s gonna explode, I can´t wait XD

Can someone explain to me how nearly every Nintendo announcement is always leaked early.

DivinePaladin said:
My thing is that why would they announce Sun and Moon for 3DS if they're 7th gen? Yeah, I know BW2 came out after the 3DS during its struggle phase, but that was a sequel, this could very well be an entire new generation. Unless the NX is 3DS BC a sequel to gen 7 wouldn't happen feasibly (barring a port, which is entirely possible).

My current hypothesis is that this is a gen 6.5 game - a sequel to the current gen but styled as a new gen. Maybe we start in Spain a la Johto and end up visiting Kalos in the second half, and maybe there are another set of 50-60 Pokemon to fill out the gen. Either way for now I'm intrigued.

This is all under the assumption that this is a 3DS only game, mind you. Either way this is much more interesting than the boring ol' Z reveal I was expecting.

Well NX is speculated to have a portable sku, launching the portable side with Pokemon makes a lot of sense tbh as that's a 10m+ seller off the bat, the Patent doesn't mean it will be shown in the ND tomorrow. Lets say the are s skus for NX, one launching with a version of Zelda while the other launching with a new Pokemon would be a strong start.

It could also be that Sun and Moon may be cross gen games as well.