By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun/ Moon leaked.

JetSetter said:

Color scheme wise red and blue seem to commonly contrast with one another. If not red and blue then what else could it be?

Also, I find your theory on Gen 6.5 intriguing. I kind of buy into it mainly becuase we have Zygarde's Formes, Magearna and Volcanion who haven't been introduced into the games. And two of those are for sure Gen VI Pokémon so I'm leaning toward that. A half gen could be something pretty interesting indeed. 

Purple and Yellow. Green and Orange. Brown and Beige. Literally any other color pairing.

Yeah, I'm 100% sure Gen 7 isn't coming this year.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:

Okay, I'm now absolutely sure of it. It's gonna be a 6th gen game, and still in Kalos. However, this will be years later, just like Black and White 2. The adventure will began the day when Zygarde will awake and transform itself in ultra megazord zygarde alpha omega

Look at the left side (blue, like the moon logo) and the right side (red, the sun). We're still missing the south part of Kalos, which is based on France, and too many things left unresolved in Kalos (power plant ? big SUNdial with no explanation in the middle of Kalos ?). I mean, look at this :

Look at that giant sundial here, look at zygarde behind it, look at how it shows both red and blue gems of his body. It HAS to be a hint to Moon & Sun. I'm calling it now : Moon & Sun will be in Kalos, years later, after the awakening of Zygarde with his true form.

Doubt it. It's blue and red because those are the colors of Xerneas and Yveltal as well as X and Y. And nearly every other Pokemon Gen. Just remembered that Reshiram and Zekrom have contrasting Red and Blue color schemes, btw. Throw BW into that as well.

Thunderbird77 said:
spemanig said:
I can't even blame y'all at this point, but I still needs to be said: this isn't Gen 7. It's Gen 6.5. We've known this would happen literally since XY launched.

The questions shouldn't revolve around if this will be Gen 7 or not. The real question is how does this constitute as an anniversary game on top of being a third version game? Will you be able to choses from all existing starters? Zygarde's integration will be pretty simple. They'll likely do an "Episode Delta" like thing with this where he's integrated into the plot supplementally.
a
But why Sun and Moon? Does it have to do with new legendaries? Speculation suggests that there will be two wolf legendaries based off the two norse wolf deities who ate the sun and the moon respectively, so it would fit in with Xerneas and Yveltal. So many questions. Definitely not Gen 7, though. One more year, guys.

There's no such thing as half pokemon gens, even if you're talking about the expanded third versions. Anyway, if the leak is true, Sun and Moon can only be the 7th gen.

Can we stop making rules, this isnt the past anymore, otherwise we would of had pokemon gray and now pokemon z. Its not guaranteed yet, but we couldpotential get a pokemon gen 6.5, just for this gen. There are several things hinting at it already. Lets see, under 20 hours to goooo

Would have like it to be a surprise for tomorrow, oh well. At least its not Pokemon Z.

Hopefully we get some refinements to the XY engine as well. Slowdowns in battles without 3D shouldn't be happening, especially now that we have the New 3DS hardware.

Paatar said:

They can choose whichever... However, it's reaching to call Pearl light red. It's pink. Lol. There's a name for that.

All pink is is light red. It's not some special exception to color theory. It just has a different name.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why do people keep saying already?

Gen 1 - 2: 3 years 9 months (Japan), 2 years 1 month (West)
Gen 2 - 3: 3 years (Japan), 2 years 5 months (West)
Gen 3 - 4: 3 years 10 months (Japan), 4 years 1 month (West)
Gen 4 - 5: 4 years (Japan), 3 years 11 months (West)
Gen 5 - 6: 3 years 1 months (Japan), 2 years 7 months (West)

And assuming this will be an Autumn release, let's say October since that's when gen 6 released

Gen 6 - 7: 3 years (Japan + West)

It would mean gen 6 would be the joint shortest in Japan, although not far off the gap from 5-6 either. Considering 3 years has always been the minimum it's certainly possible for it to be another 3 year gen though.

While for the West it would actually be only the 3rd time a generation has lasted 3 years or longer. So completely fits in there too.

Because it would be the very first time in 20 years a gen gets nothing more than the original releases if they are already moving to the 7th.

They can add zygarde's forms in a new gen, no problem.

tbone51 said:
Thunderbird77 said:

There's no such thing as half pokemon gens, even if you're talking about the expanded third versions. Anyway, if the leak is true, Sun and Moon can only be the 7th gen.

Can we stop making rules, this isnt the past anymore, otherwise we would of had pokemon gray and now pokemon z. Its not guaranteed yet, but we couldpotential get a pokemon gen 6.5, just for this gen. There are several things hinting at it already. Lets see, under 20 hours to goooo

Out of curiosity, what is this gen 6.5 you're talking about? if it's like tellow/crystal/emerald/platinum/b2w2, sure it could happen. However, if we're getting pokemon games called Sun and Moon, there's no way it isn't the 7th gen.

I kinda hope it isn't 7th gen as the 3DS really doesn't need another and it would mean a longer wait for Pokemon on NX, but at the same time I kinda hope it is cause god damn I just want a Dolphin Pokemon already!

Get ready for Pokemon S&M

bigtakilla said:
DivinePaladin said:
My thing is that why would they announce Sun and Moon for 3DS if they're 7th gen? Yeah, I know BW2 came out after the 3DS during its struggle phase, but that was a sequel, this could very well be an entire new generation. Unless the NX is 3DS BC a sequel to gen 7 wouldn't happen feasibly (barring a port, which is entirely possible).

My current hypothesis is that this is a gen 6.5 game - a sequel to the current gen but styled as a new gen. Maybe we start in Spain a la Johto and end up visiting Kalos in the second half, and maybe there are another set of 50-60 Pokemon to fill out the gen. Either way for now I'm intrigued.

This is all under the assumption that this is a 3DS only game, mind you. Either way this is much more interesting than the boring ol' Z reveal I was expecting.

This is really an issue if they are trying to drive massive sales for the NX (for people who are expecting it to arrive this year). Bringing a cross gen title isn't really the best way to go about it.

This was their time to really get the hype train rolling. I was figuring if a part of the NX (just the handheld component), or the whole of the NX would be releasing this year we would get a glimpse in this (the first of the year) Direct. Nintendo could easily show off some software and keep their fortress of solitude for their hardware with little to no repercussion. This doesn't seem like it will be the case though. 

Well TPC - or rather GameFreak in this case - would have the say in which platform it goes to. They have to make their investment back after all; that was primarily the reason BW2 was DS to my knowledge, because GF simply didn't trust the 3DS yet. So I wasn't really ever solidly expecting Pokemon at NX launch because I can't recall a time that's ever happened before. GF likes to wait until the install base is juicy, and it doesn't seem like Nintendo can really get them to budge on that. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!