By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun/ Moon leaked.

The name doesn't really matter to me, but it looks like we won't be getting X2 Y2 or Z in this case

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

But really, I just want this game to be different. Like a one off thing where Pokemon gets experimental. This is supposed to be a celebration. It's the 20th anniversary game. I suggested this, but maybe let people choose their starter from any generation. Starters have already been trivialized. They aren't special anymore, so screw trying to make them so.

Follow Super Mystery Dungeon's example. Let players choose from all the traditional starters from every generation, and maybe a few one off ones like Pikachu and Lucario. Make this region different. Does it really need a gym system with types? The stat trainers were a great idea. N's weather teams in B2W2 were a great idea. maybe do something like that. Get weird with this game, and make it actually feel like an anniversary. Make it truly feel like fan service.

Same with the plot. Even though I think there will be a few new Pokemon, I almost hope there won't be. Even if there are, I feel like they should make the story fan service, too. Give us a bunch of Looker-quality cameos. Have characters like Red and Blue (and Yellow/Green/Leaf/whatever you personally call her) be integral to the plot. Bring back fan favorites like N, Cynthia, Steven, etc. This region doesn't need to have a cookie cutter plot. Make it weird.

spemanig said:
Pokemon Red and Blue
Pokemon Ruby (Red) and Sapphire (Blue)
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Pokemon Diamond (Light Blue) and Pearl (Light Red)
Pokemon X (Blue) and Y (Red)
Pokemon OmegaRuby (Red) and AlphaSapphire (Blue)

And now we're getting Pokemon Sun, which is red, and Moon, which is blue.
This weird obsession with red and blue color-schemes is getting extremely old. We get it. Move on.

Color scheme wise red and blue seem to commonly contrast with one another. If not red and blue then what else could it be?

Also, I find your theory on Gen 6.5 intriguing. I kind of buy into it mainly becuase we have Zygarde's Formes, Magearna and Volcanion who haven't been introduced into the games. And two of those are for sure Gen VI Pokémon so I'm leaning toward that. A half gen could be something pretty interesting indeed. 

spemanig said:
Thunderbird77 said:

There's no such thing as half pokemon gens, even if you're talking about the expanded third versions. Anyway, if the leak is true, Sun and Moon can only be the 7th gen.

It's not Gen 7. It doesn't matter if there's never been a half gen. This will likely be the first. Gen 6 isn't finished.

If the leak is true and we're getting pokemon games called sun and moon, it's the 7th gen. There's no way around it.

spemanig said:
But really, I just want this game to be different. Like a one off thing where Pokemon gets experimental. This is supposed to be a celebration. It's the 20th anniversary game. I suggested this, but maybe let people choose their starter from any generation. Starters have already been trivialized. They aren't special anymore, so screw trying to make them so.

Follow Super Mystery Dungeon's example. Let players choose from all the traditional starters from every generation, and maybe a few one off ones like Pikachu and Lucario. Make this region different. Does it really need a gym system with types? The stat trainers were a great idea. N's weather teams in B2W2 were a great idea. maybe do something like that. Get weird with this game, and make it actually feel like an anniversary. Make it truly feel like fan service.

Same with the plot. Even though I think there will be a few new Pokemon, I almost hope there won't be. Even if there are, I feel like they should make the story fan service, too. Give us a bunch of Looker-quality cameos. Have characters like Red and Blue (and Yellow/Green/Leaf/whatever you personally call her) be integral to the plot. Bring back fan favorites like N, Cynthia, Steven, etc. This region doesn't need to have a cookie cutter plot. Make it weird.

Yes, please. I truly love this idea. It would be a cool celebration :)

Around the Network

Good thing we will get confirmation about this tomorrow

spemanig said:
Pokemon Red and Blue
Pokemon Ruby (Red) and Sapphire (Blue)
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Pokemon Diamond (Light Blue) and Pearl (Light Red)
Pokemon X (Blue) and Y (Red)
Pokemon OmegaRuby (Red) and AlphaSapphire (Blue)

And now we're getting Pokemon Sun, which is red, and Moon, which is blue.
This weird obsession with red and blue color-schemes is getting extremely old. We get it. Move on.

They can choose whichever... However, it's reaching to call Pearl light red. It's pink. Lol. There's a name for that.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

My thing is that why would they announce Sun and Moon for 3DS if they're 7th gen? Yeah, I know BW2 came out after the 3DS during its struggle phase, but that was a sequel, this could very well be an entire new generation. Unless the NX is 3DS BC a sequel to gen 7 wouldn't happen feasibly (barring a port, which is entirely possible).

My current hypothesis is that this is a gen 6.5 game - a sequel to the current gen but styled as a new gen. Maybe we start in Spain a la Johto and end up visiting Kalos in the second half, and maybe there are another set of 50-60 Pokemon to fill out the gen. Either way for now I'm intrigued.

This is all under the assumption that this is a 3DS only game, mind you. Either way this is much more interesting than the boring ol' Z reveal I was expecting.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Okay, I'm now absolutely sure of it. It's gonna be a 6th gen game, and still in Kalos. However, this will be years later, just like Black and White 2. The adventure will began the day when Zygarde will awake and transform itself in ultra megazord zygarde alpha omega

Look at the left side (blue, like the moon logo) and the right side (red, the sun). We're still missing the south part of Kalos, which is based on France, and too many things left unresolved in Kalos (power plant ? big SUNdial with no explanation in the middle of Kalos ?). I mean, look at this :

Look at that giant sundial here, look at zygarde behind it, look at how it shows both red and blue gems of his body. It HAS to be a hint to Moon & Sun. I'm calling it now : Moon & Sun will be in Kalos, years later, after the awakening of Zygarde with his true form.

DivinePaladin said:
My thing is that why would they announce Sun and Moon for 3DS if they're 7th gen? Yeah, I know BW2 came out after the 3DS during its struggle phase, but that was a sequel, this could very well be an entire new generation. Unless the NX is 3DS BC a sequel to gen 7 wouldn't happen feasibly (barring a port, which is entirely possible).

My current hypothesis is that this is a gen 6.5 game - a sequel to the current gen but styled as a new gen. Maybe we start in Spain a la Johto and end up visiting Kalos in the second half, and maybe there are another set of 50-60 Pokemon to fill out the gen. Either way for now I'm intrigued.

This is all under the assumption that this is a 3DS only game, mind you. Either way this is much more interesting than the boring ol' Z reveal I was expecting.

This is really an issue if they are trying to drive massive sales for the NX (for people who are expecting it to arrive this year). Bringing a cross gen title isn't really the best way to go about it.

This was their time to really get the hype train rolling. I was figuring if a part of the NX (just the handheld component), or the whole of the NX would be releasing this year we would get a glimpse in this (the first of the year) Direct. Nintendo could easily show off some software and keep their fortress of solitude for their hardware with little to no repercussion. This doesn't seem like it will be the case though.