By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Street Fighter V Bomb?

Did Street Fighter V bomb?

Yes 391 60.43%

No 256 39.57%

Total:647
Chazore said:
Ganoncrotch said:
You know in all seriousness if you go onto psn store on the ps4 you have the feature filled 49 character, tons of dlc costumes Ultra Street Fighter 4 available for €24.99 and next to it you have an absolute barebones edition of SFV with 16 character and pretty much nothing to do outside of multiplayer in it, for the low low price of €69.99 or the deluxe edition for €99.99 I mean... seriously all the attention SFV was getting pre launch for the possible removal of Rainbow Mika slapping her butt, but the reality is people should have been keeping an eye on other stuff missing at launch, especially for a game costing that amount.

Funny part about people going cray over the Butt slap removal is the fact that on PC it got modded back in lol.

(It also got covered on multiple gaming sites but it seems to have escaped a publish on VGC).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/463z2s/street_fighter_v_rmika_buttslap_fix_mod/

Well the slap is still there, just the camera doesn't pan down to where it's on screen (lazy fuck capcom) still tho, there is no mod on consoles or PC to make the camera pan down to an actual complete functional game sadly.

I guess maybe Capcom are going ultra careful since the release of Street Fighter X Tekken got some much negative PR when people found out that not only was the game completely on the disk but also the disc included I think it was 19 fully functional dlc characters all locked on the disc, could this be a capcommy way of getting back at people who complained at the over finished product on the disc lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Ruler said:

So why is call of duty doing well?

Campaign
Zombies
MP

Loaded to the brim with content, whether you are a fan of that content or not. I am not a fan, but the value is certainly there for $60. I don't think I have ever heard someone say CoD games are unfinished LOL.

SP has been taking a bit of a back seat to MP in CoD for awhile. You can complain about their design shifts if you want, maybe you prefer SP, but the games aren't unfinished or released in essentially early access states like SFV was.

You can beat this game in 4hours this a fact. Streetfighter 5doesnt lack any content except for the arcade mode which is the same like the survival mode tbh, other than that its the same game like 4

Darwinianevolution said:
Kotastic said:
I mean Splatoon pretty much did the same thing, we'll see how it works out for SFV

There are several differences between those two:

First, Street Fighter V is a well established IP and the most well-known fighting game. It needs to reach certain standards at release, compared to a new IP (from Nintendo, but still new) that has no legacy behind it.

Second, the pricing, Splatoon is around 40€ in most european stores, and around 5.000 yen in Japan (around 40€). I don't know why in NA the game is above 50$, but still, the game is not full price in most regions. Street Fighter V is full priced at all regions, and people expect more content on a full-priced game.

Third, SFV got a lot of flank because of its exclusivity to PS4/PC on a traditionally multiplat franchise. They said they needed that partnership to make the best possible game. So when the game gets released, and people see the glaring omissions (they will come eventually, but you could have waited and bought the game cheaper), they are going to say this look shady.

I suppose people can think more differences, between the two, but still. SFV will sell better once all the content reaches the market, but releasing it so soon hurt the launch numbers.

Yep! That's a big difference! 

And maybe its also because of the genre? Can we say that Shooter > Fighting Games??????? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mr Puggsly said:
elektranine said:
It's funny how some people need to game to "flop". People should be happy that a game that otherwise wouldn't exist came out.

You genuinely believe Capcom needed Sony to make a new release of their mega popular IP?

I personally don't believe Capcom needed Sony to release an incomplete game.

Capcom barely has any cash at all they are at bankruptcy's doorstep almost. They getting to THQ levels seriously. There have been many news articles discussing their low cash reserves. What AAA games have capcom made recently without external help?

Sony be like 'free' exclusives!

But as I said some people need this game to fail because Sony is involved.

It bombed. It bombed hard. On a userbase of 37 million units they might sell 250k units? Those numbers are terrible. You can spin it however you want, but this thing is going to need legs for the next 6 years to make for this terrible launch. And most likely it won't. It might have a bump when the single player comes out. It might have another little bump when the Super version comes out. And finally it might get its last little bump when Ultra comes out.

I really hope that Capcom got lots of money for SF5 console exclusivity, because its looking like this game may be the death of them.

Around the Network

Too early to say. But I think we are definitely going to see big legs!

Japan doesn't look good. Around 40k40k

bunchanumbers said:
It bombed. It bombed hard. On a userbase of 37 million units they might sell 250k units? Those numbers are terrible. You can spin it however you want, but this thing is going to need legs for the next 6 years to make for this terrible launch. And most likely it won't. It might have a bump when the single player comes out. It might have another little bump when the Super version comes out. And finally it might get its last little bump when Ultra comes out.

I really hope that Capcom got lots of money for SF5 console exclusivity, because its looking like this game may be the death of them.

Are you always really bad at math? Or did Sony announce they sold 37 million in the UK alone?

Probably lol

It's too early to say it bombed or that it's selling well. Uk sales doesn't really reflect WW sales. Why didn't you just quote the article instead of a geogaf?