By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Street Fighter V Bomb?

Did Street Fighter V bomb?

Yes 391 60.43%

No 256 39.57%

Total:647
Chazore said:
OneKartVita said:

That works both ways.  Are you disappointed in the folk that supported the other hammered games but are now making an exception to this? 

Doesn't change my level of disappointment in either capcom or the fans.

If the fans are happy should you not be happy for them?  This ain't my type of game so I'm not emotionally attached to it.  But if they've satisfied the hardcore fanbase on pc and ps4 then I'm happy.  

Closest thing I can think of is Hitman.  That's launching with little content and it will expand over 12 months.  You get all the content in the end for the same money so it's all good.  Just a different way of doing it.  

Capcom got the important part perfect and they'll add the extras later.  It's all good :)

Around the Network

It's funny how some people need to game to "flop". People should be happy that a game that otherwise wouldn't exist came out.

OneKartVita said:
Chazore said:

Doesn't change my level of disappointment in either capcom or the fans.

If the fans are happy should you not be happy for them?  This ain't my type of game so I'm not emotionally attached to it.  But if they've satisfied the hardcore fanbase on pc and ps4 then I'm happy.  

Closest thing I can think of is Hitman.  That's launching with little content and it will expand over 12 months.  You get all the content in the end for the same money so it's all good.  Just a different way of doing it.  

Capcom got the important part perfect and they'll add the extras later.  It's all good :)

I can't say that I am happy at the lack of features that were in previous SF games as well as having a very short campaign. Usually people on here as well as elsewhere tend to like their stories and their campaigns than just pure mulitplayer, SF like MK had their stories to tell per game and the trailers these days are more or less hinting to stories that are within the games themselves, when the game lacks that then I can't help but be disappointed, it's like going to see a film that was being touted as a stellar action packed movie but when you go see the film, it lasts 30 mins and lacks much if any action and then you leave disappointed.

I count Hitman as being the same with SF, another AAA title that is going to be sold in pieces and is already lacking (especially in terms of visuals and the AI, my god the AI).

Basically those two recent titles bring me back to Jim Sterlings say on the subject:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ruler said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Are you backpeddling by changing the definition of words now?

Length isn't equal to quality. Frankly, a four hour game can be a blast. Black Ops III is more like 8 hours by the way.

I dont sidestep, i always meant the quality in term of both how you feel and the overall production quality. No bosses, no need to switch weapons,  no different settings and the length. 

It a farcry from Call of Duty 2 and WaW

Actually, there are times in CoD games you absolutely need to change weapons and Black Ops III has several boss battles.

Multiplayer adds depth not seen in the campaigns as well. So just stop, you don't know anything about CoD.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

it bombed

Around the Network
Ruler said:

So you also wanted splatoon to bomb which lacked content the same way? I recall you liked splatoon?

You recall incorrectly.

Ruler said:
SmokedHostage said:
Release an unfinished game, get unfinished game sales.

So why is call of duty doing well?

Campaign
Zombies
MP

Loaded to the brim with content, whether you are a fan of that content or not. I am not a fan, but the value is certainly there for $60. I don't think I have ever heard someone say CoD games are unfinished LOL.

SP has been taking a bit of a back seat to MP in CoD for awhile. You can complain about their design shifts if you want, maybe you prefer SP, but the games aren't unfinished or released in essentially early access states like SFV was.

Idk if it did or not but I suspect the game will have great legs over it's lifetime.

I mean Splatoon pretty much did the same thing, we'll see how it works out for SFV

elektranine said:
It's funny how some people need to game to "flop". People should be happy that a game that otherwise wouldn't exist came out.

You genuinely believe Capcom needed Sony to make a new release of their mega popular IP?

I personally don't believe Capcom needed Sony to release an incomplete game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)