By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Street Fighter V Bomb?

Did Street Fighter V bomb?

Yes 391 60.43%

No 256 39.57%

Total:647
soonyfanboy said:
Swordmasterman said:

220K, with less than 15% of PS4'S Install base Data, and with the Worldwide Fighting Game Pc Fans, the Best selling fighter game of all times on PC, did not passed 1 Million of Units, i think that did not even got 800 Thousands, the PC Market, is not so big for Fighting.

The game could have sold 500-1 Million on USA Alone, we still don't have the Numbers, wait atleast for VG Chartz Numbers.

Mortal kombat x is at 500k on pc as example
us vgz numbers are in. 210k first week

Mortal Kombat X, is one of the best selling fighting games on PC, and had 1 Entire year to sell, and only sold 500k overall, and 120k First Week (On PC).

Around the Network

Now we have USA Numbers, Street Fighter V, did 213 Thousands on USA, first week, PS4 Version, isn't really much, but this Break the crazy prediction that the owner of this thread made after know the UK Numbers, said that the Game did not made more than 250K On all Plataforms First Week.

With those numbers, now Street Fighter V, sold 278 Thousands First Week on PS4, and 100 Thousands First Week for PC, still need to wait for VG Chartz numbers, this isn't good numbers, but is not a Failure, due to how they sold this without all the Modes, i stil think that Capcom's Predictions, will be Right.

cyberninja45 said:
d21lewis said:

Why are we comparing them?  If KI did it wrong, does that give Street Fighter a free pass? 

My gripe with Street Fighter V is that, upon first look, it didn't look like a big improvement over Ultimate SFIV.  That game has years to build but damn. I loved using Elena, Blanka, Poison, Honda etc. Killer Instinct was built from scratch, basically. SFV just had to build from what came before! I didn't even enjoy KI, yet. I prefer the SF series by far.

Really, the only reason we're comparing the two is that one is from M$ and one is from Sony. Why aren't we throwing in (two games I didn't buy) Mortal Kombat or Injustice?  Those games had a ton of content. Tekken (another franchise I don't play anymore) will have a lot of content. Street Fighter is bare bones. I bought Killer Instinct and THAT game was bare bones but it was cheap.

I just ordered a $60 Hori fight pad from Amazon for this game.  It arrives Match 1. I'm going to buy SFV and when I do, I'm going to pay $50 for PS Plus. I own(ed) all of the Street Fighters* including the Ex games since like 1992 across various platforms.  I've played against YOU on Xbox Live!  I love Street Fighter but I'm not going to make excuses for it.

*I didn't buy the SNK vs Capcom games

That is the main reason right there, every numbered street fighter since Street Fighter freaking 1 has seen significant improvements/changes. Street fighter 1 to sf2 big changes SF2 to SF3 big changes, the lack of the iconic characters from SF2 really hurt SF3 that was such a dumb move from capcom I still wonder what guile sagat blanka etc would have looked like on that glorious cps3 engine, SF3 to SF4 big changes, SF4 to SF5 meh. I consider capcom really brave to slap 5 on this game.

As a really big fighter game and street fighter fan its illogical that I don't have this game already but I really just don't have any interest in picking it up right now. Capcom really messed up this time if they thought they could nickel and dime their customers and hold back characters (liked they learned nothing from sf3),I will wait to see when/if they release characters like guile sagat sakura (no sakura whyyy) before I even consider picking this game up.

edit- Or maybe i will buy the game sooner who knows

You may not like the change from SFIV for SFV, but to imply that there were minimal changes is factually incorrect. SFV is more more like old school SF games. You have to commit to your attacks and if you make the wrong to decision you get punished for it. You can't FADC your way out of a Dragon Punch. You miss you get crush countered. So far the game is incredibly well balanced. Before the game released Ken, Nash, Zangief, and Laura were suppposed to be bottom tier. Ken, Zangief, Nash, and Laura have been winning the events thus far. Laura won the first Capcom Pro Tour event in France. The best player in Europe, Luffy, didn't even make it out of pools.

Darc Requiem said:
cyberninja45 said:

That is the main reason right there, every numbered street fighter since Street Fighter freaking 1 has seen significant improvements/changes. Street fighter 1 to sf2 big changes SF2 to SF3 big changes, the lack of the iconic characters from SF2 really hurt SF3 that was such a dumb move from capcom I still wonder what guile sagat blanka etc would have looked like on that glorious cps3 engine, SF3 to SF4 big changes, SF4 to SF5 meh. I consider capcom really brave to slap 5 on this game.

As a really big fighter game and street fighter fan its illogical that I don't have this game already but I really just don't have any interest in picking it up right now. Capcom really messed up this time if they thought they could nickel and dime their customers and hold back characters (liked they learned nothing from sf3),I will wait to see when/if they release characters like guile sagat sakura (no sakura whyyy) before I even consider picking this game up.

edit- Or maybe i will buy the game sooner who knows

You may not like the change from SFIV for SFV, but to imply that there were minimal changes is factually incorrect. SFV is more more like old school SF games. You have to commit to your attacks and if you make the wrong to decision you get punished for it. You can't FADC your way out of a Dragon Punch. You miss you get crush countered. So far the game is incredibly well balanced. Before the game released Ken, Nash, Zangief, and Laura were suppposed to be bottom tier. Ken, Zangief, Nash, and Laura have been winning the events thus far. Laura won the first Capcom Pro Tour event in France. The best player in Europe, Luffy, didn't even make it out of pools.

This. 

Graphically it may have gotten a small bump. The art style may not be much different to SFIV. However, the gameplay is much better in every way. The way characters have been balanced is nothing short of amazing. It's the first time I've played a street fighter game where I've felt I could play with any character and do well. 

Also, CFN, the FM system and the way you can get new content is a huge leap from any previous SF game. This time you can keep the base game and only upgrade what you want instead of having to purchase a new copy every 12-16 months. 

The graphics aren't a small bump. Compare Ryu and Chun-Li's SFIV models to their SFV counterparts. It isn't close. The graphical style of SFV isn't like SFIV. Honestly it more like SF3 in 3D.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Seriously? Isnt it obvious.

Phil said it was a business deal why SFV isnt coming to Xbox. And clearly part of that deal excluded Xbox support.

No, it isn't obvious. It's mere speculation and nothing more. What isn't speculation, however, how the deal came to be. If you can refute that, factually, we're all good. Otherwise, it doesn't need to be mentioned again.

It is obvious, you simply want them to flat out say it.

That's not how things are done because Capcom and MS still have a relationship. So they beat around the bush.

On a side note, Titanfall and ROTTR came exclusively to Xbox because those companies just love MS.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

CGI-Quality said. Nah, I don't make assumptions based on absolutely nothing. I take the company at their word. 

P.S. Titanfall and ROTTR are completely irrelevant. Stay on topic.

I'm not making assumptions based on nothing. 

Even if tou take their word for it you know why SFV isnt on Xbox and has no chance of coming.

C'mon, you're not doing a good job making an argument. Nor am I looking for this silly argument.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)