By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA currently has NX dev kits, Nintendo and EA having multiple meetings in March to decide if they will support the NX

bananaking21 said:

by not doing that they have lost a massive demographic to Sony and MS. one that is very very hard to get back now. because those CoD, madden and Fifa gamers, those more "casual" crowd, already have their console of choice. and games like mario and zelda wont draw any of them to Nintendo.

if nintendo goes on and spends big bucks on marketing, it wont make much of a difference, if any, at least at first. but with not doing anything they lost 100% of that demographic, so they gotta start now and try get some of it, even if it wont be worth it in the short term. basically nintendo put them selfs in this position by not working with third party publishers in the past, and not catering to this certain demographic, which now proves to be vital for success. 

The problem is that EA Sports games were never a big selling point in any Nintendo console ever. I agree that the general lose of third party publishers is part of the problem, but I'm talking about sports games in here. People who play those games have already make their choice looong time ago, so how do you convince those people to jump on the NX? That's hard business. It needs big thinking, and massive amounts of money spend in marketing. And Nintendo obviously doesn't have the same marketing power as Sony and MS, which will always win in that aspect. I think they can take the risk and see what happens and do a long term strategy to slowly adquire that demography back. But it's not that easy. I mean, it would be great that we could enjoy all the third party games on a Nintendo console, but is it worth it from a business POV? Is it possible to regain that demography back now? 

Around the Network

What good is advertising EA gonna do? MS and Xbox One already have a deal with Madden and Sony has a deal with FIFA. What could EA possibly want from Nintendo? I hope Nintendo tells them to go to hell.

wombat123 said:
97alexk said:

If i would Nintendo i would agree on a FIFA bundle at launch, but only if it was an exclusive FIFA title.

Yeah, I don't see that happening.  I think you'd have better luck asking for an exclusive mainline Final Fantasy game.

yeah than it doesnt matter, most people are going to buy the PS4 or xbox one version at launch when it releases. If its not exclusive its almost pointless

I'm surprised. That's like the most reasonable demands EA has ever made.

If only they were this non-dickish about the Dreamcast...

I LOVE ICELAND!

bananaking21 said:

it all seemed believable until this part.

"according to sources within EA, this is actually seen as something of an insult, and the company will be asking Nintendo to consider shipping NX consoles with leading EA Sports titles, such as FIFA and Madden."

This is business, not a personal fucking relationship, who ever wrote that line seemed to push it to much in order to get hits, so this reeks of bullshit to me. and if this is true, EA's "demands" are just logical requests for nintnedo, and they should get their heads out of their asses and do this, as this is something they should have been doing for years now.

News flash. Business executives are human beings.

Why do you think chinese businessmen refuse to do business until X amount of karaoke nights?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Is it soon time for EA to say that they'll provide great support for Nintendo again?

I think its actually rather important that Nintendo bundle games like Fifa and COD, thats a big part of how people begin to associate certain franchises with certain brands.

I'm not sure A Fifa/NX, Bundle on its own will work but if Nintendo added one of their own it with of their own titles and covered the cost I think it would benefit them in the long run. An NX+MArio Kart+Fifa bundle would do really well.

Whats most important here is that Nintendo trying to win 3rd parties back because they know they can't have successful platform without any 3rd party support.

Nintendo definitely needs the support of those publishers, and I mean REAL support, not just port of old games.
-EA
-Ubisoft
-Activision
-Capcom
-Square Enix
-Bandai Namco

If they don't have these, it's going to fall apart again.

bunchanumbers said:
What good is advertising EA gonna do? MS and Xbox One already have a deal with Madden and Sony has a deal with FIFA. What could EA possibly want from Nintendo? I hope Nintendo tells them to go to hell.

Ok you don't understand.

Nintendo didn't do enough to advertise their consoles as consoles where you can play third party games. First party games just take all the space.

That needs to change, and for it to change, you need two things, you need third party games, a lot of it. And you need to make sure your consumers will buy them.  Nintendo needs to change its image, advertising during sport events would be a great start, doing third party bundles too.

In the end EA thinks their games can sold well on Nintendo consoles, but not without some efforts from Nintendo. And they are right.