By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA currently has NX dev kits, Nintendo and EA having multiple meetings in March to decide if they will support the NX

CaptainExplosion said:
cycycychris said:

Its not like they are going to port the sports games and wait and see if Nintendo decides to advertise it for them. They need a commitment from Nintendo in order to be able to support Nintendo. And from what tamaki implys, they have tried before and have been shot down by Nintendo.

Can you blame them though, considering EA's business practices are abysmal?

Wasn't Nintendo involved in using child workers in its Chinese factories a couple years back? I recall one of their factories having this issue without Nintendo's knowledge. 

To take it a step further, Nintendo is factually the only of the three companies that refuses to divulge the information for where each part comes from specifically to fight the issue of child workers. Microsoft and Sony both do this explicitly to make sure they're not in the moral grey. Point is, as a Nintendo fan, you should know they're not goody-two-shoes to EA's Hitler. One could argue that having plausible deniability to its business partners directly working on Nintendo products using overworked and underpaid children is actually WORSE than EA making business decisions that we as core gamers dislike but make perfect sense. Just food for thought. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
AZWification said:

I can't stand EA, but it would be very important for the NX to have support from EA.

Haha, this is very similar to my thoughts. I've never really cared about their games, but yeah, it would benefit Ninten to have their support.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hopefully Ninty doesn't ruin this and sign a good agreement.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

DivinePaladin said:

Wasn't Nintendo involved in using child workers in its Chinese factories a couple years back? I recall one of their factories having this issue without Nintendo's knowledge. 

To take it a step further, Nintendo is factually the only of the three companies that refuses to divulge the information for where each part comes from specifically to fight the issue of child workers. Microsoft and Sony both do this explicitly to make sure they're not in the moral grey. Point is, as a Nintendo fan, you should know they're not goody-two-shoes to EA's Hitler. One could argue that having plausible deniability to its business partners directly working on Nintendo products using overworked and underpaid children is actually WORSE than EA making business decisions that we as core gamers dislike but make perfect sense. Just food for thought. 

I think almost every big gaming hardware company was blamed for this? It's obviously an awful issue and something that needs erradication. The fact is that companies don't usually put a lot of effort in this (or, at least, it seems that they don't do whatever they can), but this pretty much is an every companies' problem. The fact that Nintendo is more secretive about it, or doesn't divulge information about it (they are very secretive about almost everything) doesn't mean they are the worst offenders. But, yeah, I agree what you say about Nintendo not being saints, but we're talking about business and gaming related practises here. 

DivinePaladin said:

Foxxconn was using child labor while producing Wii Us or parts for it.

Foxxconn also produces for Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Intel, Samsung, Amazon and many more.

Why don't you hold Foxxconn responsible for what they are doing?

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Around the Network

I would have hoped they made this agreement already... but the idea that EA had NX dev kits early on is very promising

EA's done the work to explain to Nintendo why the WiiU didn't reach their audience. Say what you will about everything else that went wrong with the WiiU, the people who buy EA sports games are sports fans -- and the Nintendo did very little to win that crowd over in terms of marketing.

What encourages me is the massive success the Pokemon commercial got this Super Bowl. Evidently it was the most-watched ad. I think Nintendo is awakening to strength of their entire brand if they leverage sporting events in their marketing.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Miyamotoo said:
Whats most important here is that Nintendo trying to win 3rd parties back because they know they can't have successful platform without any 3rd party support.

More than that, 3rd parties know there's a way to make their business grow and be more profitable by working with Nintendo.

I bet EA is angling for a substantially higher royalty than what they earn now from PS and Xbox. That makes each NX unit of Fifa or Madden more profitable than a single copy of those games on PS4/X1. Nintendo and EA would have really nothing to lose and everything to gain from such an arrangement. Under such a model, the NX versions of games may still sell worse than X1, PS4 versions - but it remains a profitable going concern for EA so that EA & Nintendo could nurture the growth of that fanbase.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

If they are asking that much from Nintendo regarding to sports titles in order to port it, I can't imagine seeing games like titanfall, mass effect, dragon age, etc on the next Nintento console.

Iyasu said:
DivinePaladin said:

Foxxconn was using child labor while producing Wii Us or parts for it.

Foxxconn also produces for Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Intel, Samsung, Amazon and many more.

Why don't you hold Foxxconn responsible for what they are doing?

Oh, I do. But the incident I'm noting was specifically involving Nintendo products, and Nintendo gave a vague response of "we're looking into it" per their CSR. If Nintendo doesn't hold Foxconn accountable they become accountable themselves and we've never heard anything from Nintendo since on that front.

Nice job ignoring the second part of my comment though, the part where I'm directly talking about the fact (not accusation) that Nintendo themselves hide their supply chains while the other two publicly release detailed reports on this issue. Gamers like to proclaim that EA is the devil but Nintendo is no better in terms of business practice. They're just better at actually making games. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Darwinianevolution said:
Ladies and gentlemen, get your bets ready, 'cause this can go either way.

Also, "EA wants Nintendo to do more cross promotion stuff. They've been very disappointed that Nintendo doesn't do EA sports console bundles." How are they going to do that without EA sport games?

Because of unprecedented logic.