By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA currently has NX dev kits, Nintendo and EA having multiple meetings in March to decide if they will support the NX

Ladies and gentlemen, get your bets ready, 'cause this can go either way.

Also, "EA wants Nintendo to do more cross promotion stuff. They've been very disappointed that Nintendo doesn't do EA sports console bundles." How are they going to do that without EA sport games?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Do not want.

cycycychris said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Also, "EA wants Nintendo to do more cross promotion stuff. They've been very disappointed that Nintendo doesn't do EA sports console bundles." How are they going to do that without EA sport games?

Its not like they are going to port the sports games and wait and see if Nintendo decides to advertise it for them. They need a commitment from Nintendo in order to be able to support Nintendo. And from what tamaki implys, they have tried before and have been shot down by Nintendo.

As far as I know the word money isn't banned here.

cycycychris said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Its not like they are going to port the sports games and wait and see if Nintendo decides to advertise it for them. They need a commitment from Nintendo in order to be able to support Nintendo. And from what tamaki implys, they have tried before and have been shot down by Nintendo.

The EA sports games are some of the most well knows franchises in the world. If a console manufacturer decides not to advertise those games on their console, is it really worth stop the support and lose all the potential sales? People only need to know the game is avalible on their console, that's the one thing it needs to sell.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

EA not supporting NX confirmed.

Around the Network

Finally! Something is happening!!! Im tired of those rumors and predictions....... Which most likely will have more of those after this meeting..........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Well if thats true then I guess NX is coming this year.

It has little chance of success with 3rd parties Wii sold a 100 million units and still struggled to move core games.

Well I guess Nintendo isnt gonna support my Wii U much longer on top of that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Not even an "unprecedented relationship" quote from EA?

Well I guess we shall see where this goes. I wouldn't bet on much coming out of this though...

This is the thing that always gets me, and I know you can't pick and choose what news is. News is news. Having said that:

One thing is true, without a doubt: There will be more people bitching and complaining about EA not putting enough content and not supporting new Nintendo platforms, than there will be people that actually purchase the games EA does publish on Nintendo platforms. Been that way since early 2000's.

Even if the planets aligned, and EA and Nintendo each did exactly what the other company wanted each other to do, there still wouldn't be a cultivated, mature base of loyal customers willing to just *switch* from Xbox or Playstation. Truthfully, there's really no reason for it to even happen. People that buy franchise Nintendo sequels in the fives or tens of millions do not buy officially-licensed sports games. Xbox and Playstation have done an amazing job catering to the loyal, dedicated sports fans that come back every year and spend a baseline of $60 without even the slightest hesitation. It's not worth it/ beyond all hope to even attempt to get a certain percentage of those people to switch platforms.

The only way EA could sell their games on Nintendo platforms is to:

a) Find a way to creatively cater to Nintendo fans (of all ages)
b) skew to a younger demographic with certain titles

In other words, create new customers. Stop trying to get current customers, that are completely satisfied with their current systems, to migrate to Nintendo platforms for no apparent reason, and have a worse experience, and then complain that you can't make money on Nintendo platforms. When you don't try, or really put any effort into it, you tend to not achieve spectacular results.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.