By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA currently has NX dev kits, Nintendo and EA having multiple meetings in March to decide if they will support the NX

Nintendo needs EA if they want mass market success. Simple as that.

Around the Network

Give me EA please Nintendo i dont want to buy a new console in 2019 because i cant play third party games.

cycycychris said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Ladies and gentlemen, get your bets ready, 'cause this can go either way.

Also, "EA wants Nintendo to do more cross promotion stuff. They've been very disappointed that Nintendo doesn't do EA sports console bundles." How are they going to do that without EA sport games?

Its not like they are going to port the sports games and wait and see if Nintendo decides to advertise it for them. They need a commitment from Nintendo in order to be able to support Nintendo. And from what tamaki implys, they have tried before and have been shot down by Nintendo.

If the rumors are true, Nintendo's unwillingness to work with third-parties on content promotion was a big part of the reason Ubisoft walked away.  Considering how EA jumped ship on the Wii U even before it launched, I think it's safe to conclude that where there is smoke, there is fire.

It's Nintendo's console, they can do with it what they wish, but the same is true for third-party publishers.  If Sony and Microsoft are working with them to create a stronger sales environment then I can't blame them for trying to move their consumer base over to those platforms.

My guess is that Nintendo thinks of third-party publishers as competition for their own software (which is how they treated them in the NES/SNES era) and they're unwilling to short promotion of first-party content for games that are not thier own.  Sony and Microsoft, on the other hand, are willing to compromise for the betterment of both parties.  It's a very different philosophy.

cycycychris said:
Darwinianevolution said:

The EA sports games are some of the most well knows franchises in the world. If a console manufacturer decides not to advertise those games on their console, is it really worth stop the support and lose all the potential sales? People only need to know the game is avalible on their console, that's the one thing it needs to sell.

at them same time, they probably need a team of 15-20 people to port the newest versions of each game to Wii U each release. When you then consider there first release only sold probably 200-300k at most. Which would not surprise me if that trend would continue. So, they need consider whether those 20 people are better off working on this port or working on bigger and better things.

And sadly they choose bigger and better things.

Maybe the market would have been there if they supported Nintendo consoles more. I know I´m by no means an expert on this topic, but if a game sells let´s say, 250k copies at $50 that´s a lot of money, and I don´t know how much would it cost to port games to a Nintendo console, but if they port it with a small team and the result is of great quality, maybe they could start selling 250.000 copies and little by little, build a new market for those "hardcore" fans on Nintendo systems.

What I mean is that they are delusional if they expect to sell 4 million just like that, without making any effort. What I´ve seen from third parties are some good games, and plenty of trash. If they release shitty games that are bad games (I´m not talking about EA now, just in general) how can they complain? 

Maybe any of you can throw some light into this, and explain to me how much would it cost to port a game. 'Cause if they were really loosing money releasing those ports (EA has released only 3 wii u games if I´m not mistaken) then I can totally understand why they stopped supporting the system.

Nintendo needs the NX to be a success first, then companies like EA will be forced to return. Nintendo needs to sell the concept of the NX and it needs to be popular and something that people actually want. Until then, companies like EA will have a wish-list of things that Nintendo will need to do in order to gain their support which will be a nice way of saying "we're not supporting the NX."

That said, if the hype train starts moving for the NX after E3 and people are getting genuinely excited about the concept then it wouldn't surprise me if EA comes back later in the summer and suddenly gets a lot more "enthusiastic" about supporting the NX.

Around the Network

As much as I dislike EA, a lot of the things they complain about; lack of 3rd party bundles, lack of general Nintendo ads during sports games, lack of sports apps and overall lack of support from Nintendo are reasonable. People can say "well, EA should advertise their own stuff and succeed on their own" and that's fair enough but why the hell would they do that when they have two hardware manufacturers in Microsoft and Sony that are more than willing to help them out?

Hopefully EA will support NX, whether you like EA or not, their games are very popular. I know many people if a console doesn't have sports games they aren't going to buy it. EA also has other well known games such as mass effect that would be good (and I think needed) for the NX to sell well.

Yarny amiibo confirmed.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

cycycychris said:

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes

UPDATE

Remember when the Wii U was about to launch a few years back, and EA's CEO John Riccitiello spoke boldly about the "unprecedented partnership" his firm enjoyed with Nintendo? What followed was anything but, with EA dropping support for the machine after a string of commercial flops.

However, according to information we've been given from a solid source, it would appear that Nintendo and EA are looking to put the past behind them and hop back into bed with one another 

Fifty Shades of Games

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I for one know that I am definitely basing my decision to buy an NX or not, on whether or not it has EA software.

They do, after all, represent the very bast in modern gaming.