By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA currently has NX dev kits, Nintendo and EA having multiple meetings in March to decide if they will support the NX

Unless the NX is some super awesome, ultra hype, mega innovative console it'll be just as niche as the Wii U without 3rd party support. Since everyone is on-board the PS4/X1/PC hype train they'd better bring out the big guns. It all depends on what Nintendo wants, if they are content with WiiU levels of "success" then so be it.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

EA is a bit arrogant, isn't it? Though it make sense. I think NIntendo must listen since games like FIFA and Madden are a must in a console for bringing potential new buyers. Sometimes you have to eat your pride.

I can't stand EA, but it would be very important for the NX to have support from EA.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

97alexk said:
jason1637 said:

I  agree with EA a FIFA NX bundle will do very good in Europe. 

If i would Nintendo i would agree on a FIFA bundle at launch, but only if it was an exclusive FIFA title.

Nintendo don't lose anything bundles FIFA at launch, actually in that case Nintendo console would have much better mass appealing.

Problem I see is that EA wants to Nintendo spend money on marketing for multi platform games, that is problem for Nintendo beacuse multiplatform games and sports games are selling bad on Nintendo consoles in comparision with Sony and MS consoles. But I guess Nintendo will promise at least some kind of marketing in order win them, I dont expect strong marketing.

Who is this guy? The equivalent of Tidux but for Nintendo?

Around the Network

oh lookie more twitter/youtube "news" for the NX.

OP forgot to put RUMOR is thread title.

There are no dev kits in existance for the NX.
No console manufacturer gives out dev kits contingent on a 'meeting'.

Miyamotoo said:
97alexk said:

If i would Nintendo i would agree on a FIFA bundle at launch, but only if it was an exclusive FIFA title.

Nintendo don't lose anything bundles FIFA at launch, actually in that case Nintendo console would have much better mass appealing.

Problem I see is that EA wants to Nintendo spend money on marketing for multi platform games, that is problem for Nintendo beacuse multiplatform games and sports games are selling bad on Nintendo consoles in comparision with Sony and MS consoles. But I guess Nintendo will promise at least some kind of marketing in order win them, I dont expect strong marketing.

I suppose a FIFA bundle at launch would be a good thing for both of them, at least in Europe. But advertising a multiplat that is mostly going to sell on other platforms (and even move the competition's hardware more) is a very risky thing, and Nintendo doesn't like risk that much.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

it all seemed believable until this part.

"according to sources within EA, this is actually seen as something of an insult, and the company will be asking Nintendo to consider shipping NX consoles with leading EA Sports titles, such as FIFA and Madden."

This is business, not a personal fucking relationship, who ever wrote that line seemed to push it to much in order to get hits, so this reeks of bullshit to me. and if this is true, EA's "demands" are just logical requests for nintnedo, and they should get their heads out of their asses and do this, as this is something they should have been doing for years now.

bananaking21 said:

"according to sources within EA, this is actually seen as something of an insult, and the company will be asking Nintendo to consider shipping NX consoles with leading EA Sports titles, such as FIFA and Madden."

This is business, not a personal fucking relationship, who ever wrote that line seemed to push it to much in order to get hits, so this reeks of bullshit to me. and if this is true, EA's "demands" are just logical requests for nintnedo, and they should get their heads out of their asses and do this, as this is something they should have been doing for years now.

It's not that easy. I think Nintendo has their reasons, and one of them could be that they would be promoting games that will sell like hotcakes on other consoles, and I'm not sure if they're going to be a big deal for the NX. It's always better than nothing, obviously, but it could be shooting themselves in the foot. Though I agree it's time they take the risk and see what happens. 

Volterra_90 said:
bananaking21 said:

It's not that easy. I think Nintendo has their reasons, and one of them could be that they would be promoting games that will sell like hotcakes on other consoles, and I'm not sure if they're going to be a big deal for the NX. It's always better than nothing, obviously, but it could be shooting themselves in the foot. Though I agree it's time they take the risk and see what happens. 

by not doing that they have lost a massive demographic to Sony and MS. one that is very very hard to get back now. because those CoD, madden and Fifa gamers, those more "casual" crowd, already have their console of choice. and games like mario and zelda wont draw any of them to Nintendo.

if nintendo goes on and spends big bucks on marketing, it wont make much of a difference, if any, at least at first. but with not doing anything they lost 100% of that demographic, so they gotta start now and try get some of it, even if it wont be worth it in the short term. basically nintendo put them selfs in this position by not working with third party publishers in the past, and not catering to this certain demographic, which now proves to be vital for success.