By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA currently has NX dev kits, Nintendo and EA having multiple meetings in March to decide if they will support the NX

EA is important if we like it or not!

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Well if thats true then I guess NX is coming this year.

It has little chance of success with 3rd parties Wii sold a 100 million units and still struggled to move core games.

Well I guess Nintendo isnt gonna support my Wii U much longer on top of that.

Still going to insist on that, eh?

Kennel83 said:
cycycychris said:

at them same time, they probably need a team of 15-20 people to port the newest versions of each game to Wii U each release. When you then consider there first release only sold probably 200-300k at most. Which would not surprise me if that trend would continue. So, they need consider whether those 20 people are better off working on this port or working on bigger and better things.

And sadly they choose bigger and better things.

Maybe the market would have been there if they supported Nintendo consoles more. I know I´m by no means an expert on this topic, but if a game sells let´s say, 250k copies at $50 that´s a lot of money, and I don´t know how much would it cost to port games to a Nintendo console, but if they port it with a small team and the result is of great quality, maybe they could start selling 250.000 copies and little by little, build a new market for those "hardcore" fans on Nintendo systems.

What I mean is that they are delusional if they expect to sell 4 million just like that, without making any effort. What I´ve seen from third parties are some good games, and plenty of trash. If they release shitty games that are bad games (I´m not talking about EA now, just in general) how can they complain? 

Maybe any of you can throw some light into this, and explain to me how much would it cost to port a game. 'Cause if they were really loosing money releasing those ports (EA has released only 3 wii u games if I´m not mistaken) then I can totally understand why they stopped supporting the system.

They weren't losing money even though the games were sent to die. With actual effort, those first releases would easily be 500k+ sellers with room for improvement for it's sequels.

really hard to compete with MS and PS4...
So, is nintendo entering to the red ocean?...

fleischr said:
Miyamotoo said:
Whats most important here is that Nintendo trying to win 3rd parties back because they know they can't have successful platform without any 3rd party support.

More than that, 3rd parties know there's a way to make their business grow and be more profitable by working with Nintendo.

I bet EA is angling for a substantially higher royalty than what they earn now from PS and Xbox. That makes each NX unit of Fifa or Madden more profitable than a single copy of those games on PS4/X1. Nintendo and EA would have really nothing to lose and everything to gain from such an arrangement. Under such a model, the NX versions of games may still sell worse than X1, PS4 versions - but it remains a profitable going concern for EA so that EA & Nintendo could nurture the growth of that fanbase.

Yes. Nintendo more needs EA than EA needs Nintendo, so EA can be bolder in request like we sawing in this rumour. But I think they will get some agreement.

Miyamotoo said:
fleischr said:

More than that, 3rd parties know there's a way to make their business grow and be more profitable by working with Nintendo.

I bet EA is angling for a substantially higher royalty than what they earn now from PS and Xbox. That makes each NX unit of Fifa or Madden more profitable than a single copy of those games on PS4/X1. Nintendo and EA would have really nothing to lose and everything to gain from such an arrangement. Under such a model, the NX versions of games may still sell worse than X1, PS4 versions - but it remains a profitable going concern for EA so that EA & Nintendo could nurture the growth of that fanbase.

Yes. Nintendo more needs EA than EA needs Nintendo, so EA can be bolder in request like we sawing in this rumour. But I think they will get some agreement.

It's the other way around.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again, your post doesn't have anything with reality.

EA sucks anyway.

User was warned for this post - VXIII.

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

EA don't need Nintendo at all now. They're looking like they're calling similar demands to those they did with Sega, though Nintendo don't make sports games (realistic) so don't need to demand full sports title exclusivity like they did of Sega.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Thunderbird77 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Well if thats true then I guess NX is coming this year.

It has little chance of success with 3rd parties Wii sold a 100 million units and still struggled to move core games.

Well I guess Nintendo isnt gonna support my Wii U much longer on top of that.

Still going to insist on that, eh?

Well yeah... based on how games sold.

The best it did at moving 3rd party core games was CoD3 and RE4, launch games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Cloudman said:
AZWification said:

I can't stand EA, but it would be very important for the NX to have support from EA.

Haha, this is very similar to my thoughts. I've never really cared about their games, but yeah, it would benefit Ninten to have their support.

Specially in Europe, where it's pretty much crucial to have FIFA!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---