By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What in your opinion is the best Halo?

Which Halo is the best?

Halo CE 38 20.99%

Halo 2 47 25.97%

Halo 3 36 19.89%

Halo 3 ODST 7 3.87%

Halo Reach 21 11.60%

Halo 4 16 8.84%

Halo 5 16 8.84%

Total:181
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Natsu said:

Why don't you want to play 5?

After Halo: Reach and Halo 4 buthered the multiplayer, the Campaign mode (which was actually really good in Halo 4) was all that kept me interested in the series.

Now that all footage that I have seen of Halo 5's campaign makes it clear that it got the multiplayer treatment (forgettable fast-paced action with no depth), in addition to a horrendous story, all of my interest is gone.

Oh :p I really liked the story and I thought the multiplayer was the best of the series, and it'll get even better when they add more social modes and assualt. 

Around the Network
Natsu said:
Puppyroach said:
In terms of storytelling and pacing, Halo 4 is above and beyond the rest. In terms of impact, Halo CE is a nobrainer. In terms of multiplayer, Halo 5 is magnificent. A hard choice but Halo 4 is the one I would go for. I have never understood why so many liked Halo 3, I find it to be the weakest in the series.

I thought I was the only one that thought this XD

I feel the same way. I'm a big Halo fan but 3 just didn't do it for me. The only one that was worst to me was ODST.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Halo 1 for it's story. Halo 2 for it's MP. Halo 3 is right behind Halo 2 because it's maps aren't as good as the second game in the franchise imo.

Goddbless said:
Natsu said:

I thought I was the only one that thought this XD

I feel the same way. I'm a big Halo fan but 3 just didn't do it for me. The only one that was worst to me was ODST.

Well I still loved 3, but it's my least favorite. 

And ODST is quite dreadful, but I've only realized that recently when playing through it again. Bungie sadly only managed good storytelling in CE and Reach, the rest of the games where unfocused and dragged on WAY to long. 343i found the right path with Halo 4 but has been lagging somewhat in storytelling in the fifth installment. Hopefully Halo 6 will be a high note again, in both SP and MP.

Around the Network

Halo 2.

I spent everyday playing the multiplayer for about 2 years. No game has captured my attention like that since.

Halo 2

Halo 3 is utter perfection.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Halo 3 nailed both single and multiplayer, so it wins.

Blob said:
I have a soft spot for odst, for some reason I have the fondest memories of it. I find the single player campaign in ce was terrible, but 2 and then 3 got better respectively. Not sure how I feel about 4 and 5.

I loved the story and direction of ODST. Very underrated apparently. I thought more people dug it.