By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What in your opinion is the best Halo?

Which Halo is the best?

Halo CE 38 20.99%

Halo 2 47 25.97%

Halo 3 36 19.89%

Halo 3 ODST 7 3.87%

Halo Reach 21 11.60%

Halo 4 16 8.84%

Halo 5 16 8.84%

Total:181
Puppyroach said:
In terms of storytelling and pacing, Halo 4 is above and beyond the rest. In terms of impact, Halo CE is a nobrainer. In terms of multiplayer, Halo 5 is magnificent. A hard choice but Halo 4 is the one I would go for. I have never understood why so many liked Halo 3, I find it to be the weakest in the series.

I thought I was the only one that thought this XD

Around the Network

1+2 were my faves but in recent times I would say 4 without a doubt. Loved it's campaign and multiplayer with mechs.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Campaign: Halo: CE > Halo 4 > Halo 3 > Halo 2
Multiplayer: Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Halo 4 > Halo: CE

Never played Halo 5, and I have absolutely no desire to.

You're missing out big time.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Why don't you want to play 5?

Best campaign is Halo: CE and best Multiplayer is Halo 2.

Around the Network

The first Halo's campaign leaves you with an incredible sense of imagination. *spoilers*

The lead up to and reveal of the Flood is the best part of the whole Halo story imo.

Lube Me Up

Halo 2 for me. I'm surprised ODST isn't getting more love. That was probably my second favorite. Loved the approach to it.

Halo CE. I'd go as far as calling it game of the generation.

Natsu said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Why don't you want to play 5?

After Halo: Reach and Halo 4 buthered the multiplayer, the Campaign mode (which was actually really good in Halo 4) was all that kept me interested in the series.

Now that all footage that I have seen of Halo 5's campaign makes it clear that it got the multiplayer treatment (forgettable fast-paced action with no depth), in addition to a horrendous story, all of my interest is gone.

I love Halo Ce and 2, but as a whole game, not just as a halo game, i think Reach is the best of the bunch. It is self contained, more "personal" than the rest. Im not that fond of its MP, but single player wise was awesome. The one title i wanted the most remastered with the MC collection. Still hope to see it as dlc