By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What in your opinion is the best Halo?

Which Halo is the best?

Halo CE 38 20.99%

Halo 2 47 25.97%

Halo 3 36 19.89%

Halo 3 ODST 7 3.87%

Halo Reach 21 11.60%

Halo 4 16 8.84%

Halo 5 16 8.84%

Total:181

Hard one. Id say Halo Reach for the campaign, Halo 3 for the multiplayer in the way i got so addicted to it although I think the MCC version of Halo 4s multiplayer is better overall.

For me, Halo 5 is the worst.

Around the Network
Machina said:
Halo Wars, without a shadow of a doubt.

I forgot to consider that one. Its hard to compare to the main games but it was a blast to play. Really looking foward to Halo Wars 2, its been long overdue.

Halo CE was a flawed masterpiece, with sometimes questionable design (the Library... Oh god...)

Halo 3 was really good, but when I was done with it I really felt let down. It was almost anticlimactic, with too many portions almost literally taken out from the previous entries.
Godlike Multiplayer though.

ODST was alright, it was a fresh and new vision of the Halo franchise, but nothing groundbreaking.

Reach is my personal favourite (but not objectively the best). The way it takes you on its ride, even though you know exactly what's gonna happen, you can't help but hope. It was darker, grittier and more intense story wise than any other Halo in my opinion.
And the MP was excellent.

Halo 4 is a little weird. Disappointing multiplayer, not to say "poor", but great single player campaign. I really enjoyed it, and it took Halo in an interesting direction.

Halo 5... Great multiplayer, with a lot of competitive potential. But the campaign ? They didn't even care about it. Poor story, some poor characters, awfully short, too easy, with no moment to really remember. It's just frustrating to no end.
One of the worst of the franchise (sorry) in my opinion.

And then there's Halo 2. It might not have aged excellently, but it is the very essence of a genre defining, groundbreaking game. An immense Single Player mode (but with a kinda disappointing ending, I must admit), with cult moments, great characters, challenging levels, etc... It's just a masterpiece in that regard.
And the multiplayer is simply phenomenal. One of the best, even to this day, and set the standard for all console FPS at the time.
Simply a historical game.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Puppyroach said:
In terms of multiplayer, Halo 5 is magnificent.

I have to ask, what is it about Halo 5s multiplayer that you love so much?

I just cant get into it, but genreally ive only been playing arena. Is warzone main attraction or is it something else that I'm missing?

The first one, the atmosphere was great, they nailed down the core gameplay and the story was fairly simple and I enjoyed every second of it. The other games were good but I don't think they ever managed to replicate the magic of CE.

Around the Network

Halo: Reach. It might not have the franchise's best multiplayer maps, but the single player campaign is flawless. It really pisses me off that 343 Industries didn't include single player commendations for Halo 4 or 5.

Reach enjoyed the campaign, Halo 2MP

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Halo 3, in the past I'd of said Halo 2 but I no longer believe that to be true :P

Online MP Halo 5. To bad it doesn't have offline MP anymore.

Campaign would be more difficult though. Can't decide between Halo 2, Reach and Halo 4. Halo 3's campaign was great, but not a big step up from Halo 2.

NobleTeam360 said:
Halo 3, in the past I'd of said Halo 2 but I no longer believe that to be true :P

For the first time ever, I'm proud of you Noble