Because.... it's awesome....

Hmmm that's an interesting choice

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

1) The Last of Us. It's not even close

2) Uncharted 2: Among Theives

3) Call Of Duty: World at War. For the zombieeeeeeees

4) Grand Theft Auto V

5) MAG. Personal favorite. Absolutely loved this game.

Roronaa_chan said:
The Last of Us

That's it
Pavolink said:
#1. Super Mario Galaxy 1

Could I get you two to possibly come up with 4 more? thanks

Locknuts said:

I choose MW2 over MW. Far better maps and more addictive IMO.

And that's even after switching from dedicated servers and 64 player matches on PC to the 360 version of MW2.

Bioshock yes, and I would add Dead Space, Gears of War, Uncharted 2, TLOU and possibly Mario Galaxy.

Does Starcraft II count?

I'm gonna need you to trim your list down to a definitive 5

SvennoJ said:
1. Journey, perfect little game with great music and unique online experience.
2. Dark souls, best interconnected 3D world I've ever experienced.
3. Ni No Kuni, Studio Ghibli's one and only appearance in games.
4. The last of us, great story, feels like a real journey.
5. Wipeout HD, polished to perfection with a kick ass soundtrack.

Classics that will be remembered
1. Wii sports
2. Wii Fit
3. The walking dead
4. Dance central
5. Guitar hero

So would you like me to use the 1st or 2nd list?

Cloudman said:
Wow, goodness. This is a hard one for me... 7th gen must have come out at a bad time for me, as I was in college at the time it started. The only game I feel is a classic from last gen was Wii Sports. That game did really well in making games more accessible to people as well as just having really fun times with bowling, tennis, and baseball x )

If at all possible, could you think of four more? thanks

#1 Amb-ass-ador

#1 Dark Souls
#2 Uncharted 2
#3 Call of Duty: Black Ops
#4 Just Cause 2
#5 God of War 3

#1 - Alan Wake: I have zero doubts. That was the best game I've played last gen. It was perfect for me.

Other Great games without a particular ranking:

- Mario Kart Wii
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Dead Space 2
- The Walking Dead Season 1
- Gears of War

It's hard to think about the best ones. The 7th generation had a lot of great games.

Around the Network
ReimTime said:

So would you like me to use the 1st or 2nd list?

SvennoJ said:
1. Journey, perfect little game with great music and unique online experience.
2. Dark souls, best interconnected 3D world I've ever experienced.
3. Ni No Kuni, Studio Ghibli's one and only appearance in games.
4. The last of us, great story, feels like a real journey.
5. Wipeout HD, polished to perfection with a kick ass soundtrack.

First, my personal classics.
But I doubt any of those will be remembered much in 10, 20 years. I will remember them.

ReimTime said:
Cloudman said:
Wow, goodness. This is a hard one for me... 7th gen must have come out at a bad time for me, as I was in college at the time it started. The only game I feel is a classic from last gen was Wii Sports. That game did really well in making games more accessible to people as well as just having really fun times with bowling, tennis, and baseball x )

If at all possible, could you think of four more? thanks

Alright Prime Time ReimTime. I'll be thinking on it today.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

1: Xenoblade Chronicles
2: Super Mario Galaxy
3: Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword

*edit* Whoops. forgot one. 

4: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

and well.... That's it honestly. There were many other AMAZING games, don't get me wrong, but what will go down as classics? These.

Teeqoz said:

1. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Like seriously. This game deserves so much more love than it gets. It's friggin amazing.

2. Skyrim
Regardless of what people say about it, this is the sort of game that will still be played in decades, because of it's "reputation" among PC gamers. And also it's great, so there's that.

3. Portal 2
Back when Valve still made games, they made gems like this. It was also the third (huehue) franchise to get the Valve treatment, aka getting two loved main entries, but never getting a third, because Valve doesn't like money.

EDIT:

4. Super Meat Boy

Because.... it's awesome....

How did I forget:

Minecraft. Frikkin Minecraft. Put that at the top of my list, and push everything else down a spot.

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns
I waited years for a sequel to the classic Ape platformer series, and it was totally worth it! Playing as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong again against new enemies was the most fun I have ever had. The challenging levels, beautifully detailed levels, and great unique gameplay mechanics left me wanting more!

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Easily the game I have played the most of of any system or generation. I still the play the game every now and then! The breathtakingly exciting campaign, the classic multiplayer modes and set up, plus incredible graphics led me to play hours and hours of the best shooting game.

3. Fallout New Vegas
The great story and factions led me to replay this game several times, easily my favorite role playing game of all time.

4. Dead Island
A great story, colorful environments, and fun to play cooperatively, this is easily my favorite zombie game.

5. Bullestorm
A humorous erotic shooting game that would make you think it was a Michael Bay movie, so much fun to be had with this!