By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Results are in: Classics from the 7th generation

#1. Super Mario Galaxy 1

#2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

#3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

#4. Xenoblade Chronicless

#5. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

I don't count Metroid Prime Trilogy, but if it counts then I need to move my options.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I thought about this earlier (thanks to the TLoU thread) and really, most of the 7th gen games I think will be timeless are games like Portal or a lot of indie games. I'll give you my opinion a little later.

Arminillo said:

2) Custom Robo Arena (DS) - I played this game alot. I even bought it twice after my DS was stolen. The multiplayer was great, post game content great, music great. DRAGON GUN 4EVER BOI!!!

Was wondering if I would see any handheld games make anyones list. I swear everyone just seems to forget about their existance

#1 - The Last of Us
#2 - Demon's Souls
#3 - Catherine
#4 -
#5 -

Will edit later with more games/reasoning

#1 - Super Mario Galaxy - This game alone, showed Mario still can make an impact with his platforming genius. In a once thriving genre, Galaxy showed that there is still potential for even greater heights.

#2 - Mass Effect 2 - Out of all the games in of the best trilogies of all-time, Mass Effect 2 stood out the most to me and really entertained me from beginning to end (sorry 3). It polished the established gameplay aspects of the original and further expanded upon the universe while furthering Shepard's story. Getting to know your comrades, fighting through the trenches, and having the feeling of something bigger is happening is a wonderful experience.

#3 - Batman Arkham Asylum - Usually licensed games are not a good idea. However, I really appreciate what Rocksteady did to make Batman and his universe look and feel like they were from the TV shows and the comics. The combat was pretty cool and the atmosphere made it for me.

#4 - Wii Sports - While the novelty of motion controls has long died down, I think it's still amazing that this particular game really caught on with all gamers alike, especially those from a new audience. I think it brought a lot people who may have never played a game together with gamers. The gameplay was intuitive and the design was inviting to all people. It's not a technical marvel to look at nor has it created a long-term trend. However, for its generation, it was something to behold and it brought families together like no other game could before or maybe even after its release.

That's all I have for now..since I haven't played a lot of games consistently due to doing other things.

Around the Network

#1- Uncharted 2

#2- Call Of Duty 4

#3- Fallout 3

#4- Bioshock

#5- The Last Of Us

1. The Last of Us: This game shook me to my core. Every single character introduced, I personally cared for and struggled to continue as this game became more brutal and desperate. I was close to tears quite a few times and it took story telling in games to a whole new level.

2. Mass Effect 3 - While I loved Mass Effect 2, The improvements in ME3 along with having played it after the changes to the ending were made, this game truly left me feeling empty and hungry for more. I was lost for the next 2 days wanting to experience more in this universe.

3. Fallout New Vegas: Another game I lost countless hours on. While the location is somewhat lifeless, the different stories, companions and people you met a long the way are memorable. I felt like I really was playing the type of character I would be in this world. On a side note, Dead Money was probably the best piece of DLC I've ever played, still love it to this day.

4. Uncharted 2: A fantastic adventure from start to finish, with some of the greatest action and set pieces in any game to date. Great characters, enthralling story and a great multiplayer to boot, this game remains king of the action adventure games.

5. Dead Island: While this game will catch a lot of flack for being broken or bad acting/animations and countless other things, I had a ton of fun with this game. I found myself lost for hours just wondering around and bashing zombies galore. Certainly, a guilt-pleasure kind of classic to me.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

#1 - Super Mario Galaxy 1
#2 - Donkey Country Returns
#3 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
#4 - The Last Story
#5 - Metroid Prime 3

I choose MW2 over MW. Far better maps and more addictive IMO.

And that's even after switching from dedicated servers and 64 player matches on PC to the 360 version of MW2.

Bioshock yes, and I would add Dead Space, Gears of War, Uncharted 2, TLOU and possibly Mario Galaxy.

Does Starcraft II count?

Super Mario Galaxy
Wii Sports (?)
Pokemon Diamond Pearl Platinum
Smash Brawl

..may update this list later

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread