By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X outsell the original?

?

Yes, it will 215 78.75%

No, it won't 58 21.25%

Total:273
Torillian said:
curl-6 said:

It's sold 120k in Japan in 7 months.

The original sold 160k lifetime.

That's an odd way to look at it. 

The original sold 150k from June 12th to the end of 2010 (6 and a half months) according to the sales on VGC, while XCX has sold 119,000 since May 2nd until now (6 and a half months).  One can argue that there are holidays still to come for XCX that are counted in the XC data but I haven't seen much to convince me that the holidays in Japan can make up that kind of deficit.  

Honestly, I just didn't know how to check Xenoblade's sales over a time period outside of (A) lifetime or (B) the ten weeks listed on its VGChartz page... XD

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Torillian said:

That's an odd way to look at it. 

The original sold 150k from June 12th to the end of 2010 (6 and a half months) according to the sales on VGC, while XCX has sold 119,000 since May 2nd until now (6 and a half months).  One can argue that there are holidays still to come for XCX that are counted in the XC data but I haven't seen much to convince me that the holidays in Japan can make up that kind of deficit.  

Honestly, I just didn't know how to check Xenoblade's sales over a time period outside of (A) lifetime or (B) the ten weeks listed on its VGChartz page... XD

Fair enough, it was a chore.  I got lucky that the data in Japan for 2010 for XC happens to have the same number of months  as the current data for Japan for XCX in 2015.  Thankfully Nintendo seems to like the May/June seasonal window for Xenoblade otherwise my efforts would have been fruitless.  

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

Wow lol we'll it's off to a very good start then. It's hard to say. Honestly, Nintendo's marketing of this game has been abysmal. It should have been pushed as their big holiday title. They should be hyping this game up as their answer to Fallout 4. This should have been a November black friday game. It's clearly finished already. The fact that fucking Splatoon was pushed harder than this game is an absolute crime. The game is coming out in two week and it feels like literally nobody cares or even knows about it, and that's a damn shame given the legacy it's following. Shulk in Smash was marketed better than XCX has been.

Agreed.

This game deserved a sizeable marketing push to the general public, to show that Wii U has "hardcore" games as well. Open world epics are hot right now, and XCX has the potential to reach beyond the existing Wii U player base.

Alas, as with every Wii U game outside of Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Mario Maker, Nintendo's sending it out like a silent fart.

curl-6 said:

Agreed.

This game deserved a sizeable marketing push to the general public, to show that Wii U has "hardcore" games as well. Open world epics are hot right now, and XCX has the potential to reach beyond the existing Wii U player base.

Alas, as with every Wii U game outside of Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Mario Maker, Nintendo's sending it out like a silent fart.

That's frankly unacceptable for a game this big. This is literally the biggest game to release on the system so far, and in my opinion the first true juggarnaut title, and Nintendo is treating it like some second class citizen. Xenoblade Chronicles X is literally the reason the January Direct of 2013 is so legendary, and they are treating it like some throwaway title.

This game should have been getting dubbed story trailers and footage since well before E3. It's coming out in like two weeks and there still aren't real televised adds for this game. Everyone gets that it's big and everyone gets that there are mechs. It's the story bits that are going to compell outsiders to get the game. Lord knows it worked for MGSV and Fallout.

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

Wow lol we'll it's off to a very good start then. It's hard to say. Honestly, Nintendo's marketing of this game has been abysmal. It should have been pushed as their big holiday title. They should be hyping this game up as their answer to Fallout 4. This should have been a November black friday game. It's clearly finished already. The fact that fucking Splatoon was pushed harder than this game is an absolute crime. The game is coming out in two week and it feels like literally nobody cares or even knows about it, and that's a damn shame given the legacy it's following. Shulk in Smash was marketed better than XCX has been.

Preach my gaming brother, preach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

I will at least help it

Thanks Blacksaber for the sig                  Tag:"Nintendo es toda la diversión de esta generación"

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

Agreed.

That's frankly unacceptable for a game this big. This is literally the biggest game to release on the system so far, and in my opinion the first true juggarnaut title, and Nintendo is treating it like some second class citizen. Xenoblade Chronicles X is literally the reason the January Direct of 2013 is so legendary, and they are treating it like some throwaway title.

This game should have been getting dubbed story trailers and footage since well before E3. It's coming out in like two weeks and there still aren't real televised adds for this game. Everyone gets that it's big and everyone gets that there are mechs. It's the story bits that are going to compell outsiders to get the game. Lord knows it worked for MGSV and Fallout.

Watch Mario Tennis and Amiibo Festival get TV ads while XCX doesn't. :(

You can bet your arse if Sony or Microsoft had XCX as an exclusive, the world would damn well know about it.

It will sell more because more hype, more known, not limited distribution, and the fact Xeno X outsold the original in Japan physical + digital.
It most likely will in the west too. I'm expecting about 1.10 or 1.20m for X.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I want to say yes but I have a strong feeling it won't

curl-6 said:

Watch Mario Tennis and Amiibo Festival get TV ads while XCX doesn't. :(

You can bet your arse if Sony or Microsoft had XCX as an exclusive, the world would damn well know about it.

So true.