By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X outsell the original?

?

Yes, it will 215 78.75%

No, it won't 58 21.25%

Total:273

No, it won't. Nintendo did everything to make this game failed. Stupid delaying, no dual audio, censorship, Zero marketing.
They even ignored their beloved amiigo and doesn't offered Doll's figurines for consumers.

Around the Network

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X will sell around 1m LT.

Boberkun said:
No, it won't. Nintendo did everything to make this game failed. Stupid delaying, no dual audio, censorship, Zero marketing.
They even ignored their beloved amiigo and doesn't offered Doll's figurines for consumers.

You really think that delaying (that today is normal thing) or especially "no dual audio and censorship" will convice someone not to buy this game even if the initially had plan to buy it!? Sorry but that doesn't make sense at all.

Also about marketing, even if this game don't have strong marketing, it have much bigger marketing than original game, I will just mentione LE of game or Xenoblade X Wii U bundle. Market is very aware of this game, when Xenoblade Chronicles arrived basically no one don't know anything about game.

I used the Game Comparison tool of this website to compare all three Xenoblade games avalible, total cululative sales in Japan because X isn't out in the West yet.

It looks like, at least in Japan, it still has to catch up. Hopefully it gets better legs with time, and the better distribution of the game on the West improves the odds for X.

This is the global cumulative comparison.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

My heart wants to say yes, but quite frankly, Nintendo isn't giving me a very good reason for that feeling.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

I used the Game Comparison tool of this website to compare all three Xenoblade games avalible, total cululative sales in Japan because X isn't out in the West yet.

It looks like, at least in Japan, it still has to catch up. Hopefully it gets better legs with time, and the better distribution of the game on the West improves the odds for X.

This is the global cumulative comparison.

Through 28 or so weeks, games seem to have similar curves. But these charts does not have digital right? This is where I would think XCX gets a lot more than the others.

SpokenTruth said:
Darwinianevolution said:

XCX has sold a lot digitally in Japan.  It's likely very close if not past the original in Japan now.

Well, I don't have the digital numbers for any of these games, so I can't compare :(

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

shipped+digital yes.

Yep. I think North America and Japan will lap it up.

1.5m lifetime is my upper expectation but I think it'll do at least 1m

It has massive marketing behind it. Of course it will.

I LOVE ICELAND!