By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X outsell the original?

?

Yes, it will 215 78.75%

No, it won't 58 21.25%

Total:273

1 Million is fairly possible.

Around the Network

I had my doubt it will do it but let see how sales react once it's released in US.

curl-6 said:
spemanig said:
How much has it sold so far and how has its Japanese sales compared to the originals?

It's sold 120k in Japan in 7 months.

The original sold 160k lifetime.

I think XC has around 185k Shipped and XCX should be over 145k now. 

Yes it will.And im even quite ceartain it can reach 2 million or more.My proof?i have none.Its more like a gut instinct

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I say no. Just compare other games with their Wii U sequels.

Mario Galaxy (Wii): 11.31 m
Mario 3D World (Wii U): 3.57 m

DKC Returns (Wii): 6.40 m
DKC Tropical Freeze (Wii U): 1.17 m

Bayonetta (360, less selling version): 0.92
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U): 0.81

Mario Kart Wii: 35.34 m
Mario Kart 8: 5.47 m

Smash Bros Brawl (Wii): 12.71
Smash Bros Wii U: 3.70

Around the Network
Mati_Intrieri said:
I say no. Just compare other games with their Wii U sequels.

Mario Galaxy (Wii): 11.31 m
Mario 3D World (Wii U): 3.57 m

DKC Returns (Wii): 6.40 m
DKC Tropical Freeze (Wii U): 1.17 m

Bayonetta (360, less selling version): 0.92
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U): 0.81

Mario Kart Wii: 35.34 m
Mario Kart 8: 5.47 m

Smash Bros Brawl (Wii): 12.71
Smash Bros Wii U: 3.70

Xenoblade is WAAAAYYYY more niche that all of those series, niche games can survive better on smaller userbases.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

curl-6 said:
spemanig said:

That's frankly unacceptable for a game this big. This is literally the biggest game to release on the system so far, and in my opinion the first true juggarnaut title, and Nintendo is treating it like some second class citizen. Xenoblade Chronicles X is literally the reason the January Direct of 2013 is so legendary, and they are treating it like some throwaway title.

This game should have been getting dubbed story trailers and footage since well before E3. It's coming out in like two weeks and there still aren't real televised adds for this game. Everyone gets that it's big and everyone gets that there are mechs. It's the story bits that are going to compell outsiders to get the game. Lord knows it worked for MGSV and Fallout.

Watch Mario Tennis and Amiibo Festival get TV ads while XCX doesn't. :(

You can bet your arse if Sony or Microsoft had XCX as an exclusive, the world would damn well know about it.

Sometimes I wish Monolith Soft just started developing for Sony again or Xenoblade Chronicles had been multiplat

Nintendo piss me off

curl-6 said:
spemanig said:

That's frankly unacceptable for a game this big. This is literally the biggest game to release on the system so far, and in my opinion the first true juggarnaut title, and Nintendo is treating it like some second class citizen. Xenoblade Chronicles X is literally the reason the January Direct of 2013 is so legendary, and they are treating it like some throwaway title.

This game should have been getting dubbed story trailers and footage since well before E3. It's coming out in like two weeks and there still aren't real televised adds for this game. Everyone gets that it's big and everyone gets that there are mechs. It's the story bits that are going to compell outsiders to get the game. Lord knows it worked for MGSV and Fallout.

You can bet your arse if Sony or Microsoft had XCX as an exclusive, the world would damn well know about it.

This is Nintendo this gen...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
curl-6 said:
spemanig said:

This is Nintendo this gen...

Yes, last gen we had a ton a advertisement for Xenoblade Chronicles. Wait...

Goodnightmoon said:

Yes, last gen we had a ton a advertisement for Xenoblade Chronicles. Wait...

No, last gen we had tons of commercials for big games like Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M...

Oh! right, Wii U doesn't have those kind of games...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile