By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X outsell the original?

?

Yes, it will 215 78.75%

No, it won't 58 21.25%

Total:273
Goodnightmoon said:
The sad thing is that no matter how well it does, is gonna make lose money to Nintendo anyways, this is gonna be a great way to keep the most hardcore part of its fans happy, but not to make money, oh well, I guess it will sell some consoles too, and people will buy more games for those consoles so I guess it could be profitable in the long run. I guess.

At this stage, keeping their core fanbase happy and strengthening their image is more helpful to Nintendo than a few more dollars in software sales.

Short term pain, long term gain.

Around the Network

no way does it match the original

900k was pretty high (if accurate) considering the game was only sold in one store type (Gamestop). considering the Wii U install base it's just not realistic. this would have to sell better than something like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze to beat the original Xenoblade sales which is just unrealistic

curl-6 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
It has to.

What do you mean?

I mean it deserves to, its a really ambitious game, especially for the Wii U and it would be pretty pathetic if it didn't.

Goodnightmoon said:
The sad thing is that no matter how well it does, is gonna make lose money to Nintendo anyways, this is gonna be a great way to keep the most hardcore part of its fans happy, but not to make money, oh well, I guess it will sell some consoles too, and people will buy more games for those consoles so I guess it could be profitable in the long run. I guess.

They can port to NX later.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I would honestly love to see it break a million (which I think the game will eventually do). Give Nintendo incentive to keep giving Takahashi the budget and time he deserves on the Xeno series.