By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X outsell the original?

?

Yes, it will 215 78.75%

No, it won't 58 21.25%

Total:273

I would say yes because... What else are you going to buy?... And also I didnt get the original because I had already packed my Wii away and was done with that outdated technology by then Wii U is still good.

Around the Network
JetSetter said:

I said yes in the poll but I have mixed feelings whether it can or not.
The main reason I said yes though is based on the idea that this game is getting alot more attention than I remember XBC getting. Plus add in the fact that Nintendo put a character from the series in Smash and all the praise I've seen the game get and it could help XBX by a good amount.
Though I do feel iffy about saying it will for sure sell better because of things like the gap in user base between the Wii and Wii U and the almost silent treatment Nintendo has in advertising the game. But really can you blame them? This isn't like Splatoon, an open JRPG is more of a hard sell to people.

I'm also unsure, for pretty much the same reasons; it could go either way at this point and I don't feel confident making a prediction.

I must disagree that an open world RPG is a tough sell though; they're very much in fashion these days. Sure, they tend to be WRPGs, but I don't think being Japanese would automatically kill its appeal; after all, games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne and Japanese RPGs and have found success in the West.

Only if they bring the breast slider back. XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

and change the name from skell to doll XD lol

HollyGamer said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I think Skell works better for a Western audience. Doll has too much of a kid's toy connotation.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:

I think Skell works better for a Western audience. Doll has too much of a kid's toy connotation.

HollyGamer said:

Skell is such a stupid name. Doll is so much more fitting of the mech genre and cool sounding. It's the jarring juxaposition that made the name so cool to begin with. To name such hulking and destructive walking artillery units Dolls give them an air of grace and appreciation for the beauty behind the science of building such complex combat machines that is completely lost by "Hurr they are like giant SKELLitons durr." I can just imagine the localization board room meeting now.

spemanig said:
HollyGamer said:

Skell is such a stupid name. Doll is so much more fitting of the mech genre and cool sounding. It's the jarring juxaposition that made the name so cool to begin with. To name such hulking and destructive walking artillery units Dolls give them an air of grace and appreciation for the beauty behind the science of building such complex combat machines that is completely lost by "Hurr they are like giant SKELLitons durr." I can just imagine the localization board room meeting now.

Well i dont care, as long as i can play the game

HollyGamer said:
curl-6 said:

Wanna know how much one weighs?

A Skell-e-ton.

There, better? :P

I am hoping that it does.The first game is a masterpiece, and this one somehow looks even better.Honestly Nintendo not marketing the game properly makes me really sad, XC has the potential to become something big, something that could expand their audience, which is something they desperately need now more than ever.Platformer games are fun to play for a couple hours, but they just aren't engaging enough for me, since there's no real plot, I could stop playing them at any time and I really wouldn't be affected, games like XC are what could make me keep coming back to their platform, and I'm sure this applies to many other people.

Anyways I really hope that Nintendo comes to their senses and does at least some last minute marketing before the holidays,this game deserves all the sales that it can get.