By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X outsell the original?

?

Yes, it will 215 78.75%

No, it won't 58 21.25%

Total:273
Paatar said:
It will sell more because more hype, more known, not limited distribution, and the fact Xeno X outsold the original in Japan physical + digital.
It most likely will in the west too. I'm expecting about 1.10 or 1.20m for X.

It sold that well digitally!?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
spemanig said:
How much has it sold so far and how has its Japanese sales compared to the originals?

It's sold 120k in Japan in 7 months.

The original sold 160k lifetime.

X has good digital sales in Japan. I don't remember the numbers, but it was first in monthly digital charts in May according to Famitsu.

And yes, I believe it should outsell Xenoblade. The Wii U has crazy high attach rate for 1st party titles, and X has been hyped since announcement back in 2013. Everyone (with a Wii U) has been looking forward to it. I wanna say X will be Wii U's Splatoon in the West... but that's a bit too hopeful

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

spemanig said:
Paatar said:
It will sell more because more hype, more known, not limited distribution, and the fact Xeno X outsold the original in Japan physical + digital.
It most likely will in the west too. I'm expecting about 1.10 or 1.20m for X.

It sold that well digitally!?

Yeah which is odd, in May it had over 20k digital sales. Which is extremely odd. 

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/28/xenoblade-chronicles-x-was-top-of-the-japanese-digital-downloads-in-may/

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:

Yeah which is odd, in May it had over 20k digital sales. Which is extremely odd. 

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/28/xenoblade-chronicles-x-was-top-of-the-japanese-digital-downloads-in-may/

That much in one month!? Digital on the rise confirmed.

Slarvax said:

X has good digital sales in Japan. I don't remember the numbers, but it was first in monthly digital charts in May according to Famitsu.

And yes, I believe it should outsell Xenoblade. The Wii U has crazy high attach rate for 1st party titles, and X has been hyped since announcement back in 2013. Everyone (with a Wii U) has been looking forward to it. I wanna say X will be Wii U's Splatoon in the West... but that's a bit too hopeful

That's especially strange given that XCX is, as far as I know, the biggest Wii U game to date at a whopping 22GB.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Paatar said:

That much in one month!? Digital on the rise confirmed.

tbh I have no idea how it got that many digital downloads compared to how many physical copies it sold.I would have expected 20k copies digital if it sold like 300k physical to be honest lol

But yeah. Shit ton of digital sales.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Torillian said:

That's an odd way to look at it. 

The original sold 150k from June 12th to the end of 2010 (6 and a half months) according to the sales on VGC, while XCX has sold 119,000 since May 2nd until now (6 and a half months).  One can argue that there are holidays still to come for XCX that are counted in the XC data but I haven't seen much to convince me that the holidays in Japan can make up that kind of deficit.  

Apparently it sold at least 139K in it's first 6.5 months, since it sold 20K in May alone digitally.

Now I don't want to assume that it sold more than 10K digitally in the rest of the 5.5 months.

I don't want to, but I'm gonna.

Paatar said:

tbh I have no idea how it got that many digital downloads compared to how many physical copies it sold.I would have expected 20k copies digital if it sold like 300k physical to be honest lol

But yeah. Shit ton of digital sales.

Japan is just getting with the times my friend.

Yeah, I don't know either.

I said yes in the poll but I have mixed feelings whether it can or not.
The main reason I said yes though is based on the idea that this game is getting alot more attention than I remember XBC getting. Plus add in the fact that Nintendo put a character from the series in Smash and all the praise I've seen the game get and it could help XBX by a good amount.
Though I do feel iffy about saying it will for sure sell better because of things like the gap in user base between the Wii and Wii U and the almost silent treatment Nintendo has in advertising the game. But really can you blame them? This isn't like Splatoon, an open JRPG is more of a hard sell to people.

Yes, it will... but not by much. It'll be lucky to hit 1.5m

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won