By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X outsell the original?

?

Yes, it will 215 78.75%

No, it won't 58 21.25%

Total:273

VGChartz has the first Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii at 910k sales lifetime.

Do you think the Wii U sequel will surpass this? Why/why not?

Around the Network

I think it will mainly because of NA not being limited to gamestop and the fact that it has a lot more hype than the original.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Most likely, mainly cause Nintendo has talked about this game significantly more than the original XC.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I think XCX can manage to sell at least 1.2m by the end of next year so yes.

I don't know but those Xenoblade numbers are certainly overtracked so we won't be able to compare.

Around the Network

How much has it sold so far and how has its Japanese sales compared to the originals?

spemanig said:
How much has it sold so far and how has its Japanese sales compared to the originals?

It's sold 120k in Japan in 7 months.

The original sold 160k lifetime.

Hmmmmmm, maybe? It may sell less due to the Wii U's small install base, as well as people just not being interested in the Wii U, even for something like X, and X is niche in general.

It's possible due to Nintendo being more serious about Xenoblade as a series compared to last year, when it had a limited release.

I'm going with no..?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

curl-6 said:

Wow lol we'll it's off to a very good start then. It's hard to say. Honestly, Nintendo's marketing of this game has been abysmal. It should have been pushed as their big holiday title. They should be hyping this game up as their answer to Fallout 4. This should have been a November black friday game. It's clearly finished already. The fact that fucking Splatoon was pushed harder than this game is an absolute crime. The game is coming out in two week and it feels like literally nobody cares or even knows about it, and that's a damn shame given the legacy it's following. Shulk in Smash was marketed better than XCX has been.

curl-6 said:
spemanig said:

That's an odd way to look at it. 

The original sold 150k from June 12th to the end of 2010 (6 and a half months) according to the sales on VGC, while XCX has sold 119,000 since May 2nd until now (6 and a half months).  One can argue that there are holidays still to come for XCX that are counted in the XC data but I haven't seen much to convince me that the holidays in Japan can make up that kind of deficit.