By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall still surprisingly active.

Tagged games:

Chazore said:
hunter_alien said:

Wow, on the defense much? If Im not mistaken, even Killzone Mercenaries did those numbers at one point, so yeah, its pretty damn low. I was playing Serious Sam 2, 3 years after release with 4000 people at once. No matter how you put it, Titanfall shot waaay below expectations.

Not really, he has part of a point. The vast majority of my friends irl and net based who all sport anime avatars oftenly play far more Japanese and anime styled games than Western and shooters.

actually i agree with you in this point. But this is quite irrelevant with the topic, cuz we are talking number, not preferences

Edit: that being said, i dont  really like anime. I wanted to see the new Faust's tragedy iteration that everybody was talking about a while ago. Cuz as my username suggest, i love that story.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
hunter_alien said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Has it been free everywhere? I missed that. Cheap, yes. Free, no.

Again, compared to CoD or BF is small. Yet most games struggle to achieve these numbers. Selling a ton of units doesn't mean its going to maintain a massive population. A lot of games have almost no audience after this long, even if they sold millions.

Also, people with anime avatars aren't expected to know about Titanfall. Different audience.

Wow, on the defense much? If Im not mistaken, even Killzone Mercenaries did those numbers at one point, so yeah, its pretty damn low. I was playing Serious Sam 2, 3 years after release with 4000 people at once. No matter how you put it, Titanfall shot waaay below expectations.

Yeah, very defensive. It would seem that way if you have thin skin and I get the impression he isn't into a game like Titanfall.

Killzone Mercenaries... another game on a platform with little options. How was the population of that after a year and 8 months? Probably dead, because its Killzone.

Is Titanfall below expectations or were expectations unrealistic?

Actually I only played that game like 5 months after release, so I guess it did OK And for Titanfall? Lets face it, the game floped when it was presented next to the publishers expectations. It was meant to be the next CoD, and it didn't even managed to dethrone Halo. A lot like Killzone. Like it or not, there is a reason why this is going multiplatform. It failed to live up to expectations ( and I am being generous here) and now they are hoping that piggybacking on the PS4's success will help them achieve what the Xone didnt manage: creating a trully successfull FPS franchise.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Faust said:
Mr Puggsly said:

1.-Has it been free everywhere? I missed that. Cheap, yes. Free, no.

2.-Again, compared to CoD or BF is small.

3.-Yet most games struggle to achieve these numbers.

4.-Selling a ton of units doesn't mean its going to maintain a massive population. A lot of games have almost no audience after this long, even if they sold millions.

5.-Also, people with anime avatars aren't expected to know about Titanfall. Different audience.

1.-bundled as hell with xone, given awayr for free on origins too. Also isn't cheap right now. ITs dirty cheap

2.-Again, never mentioned cod of bf 

3.-yeah, a lot of games fail to achieve success i know that but, whats the point?

4.-Agreed, but you are claiming that the game its surprisingly active, so its kinda contradictory with your original statement, if anything it makes me wonder what were your expectations for this game's population.

5.-how do you like my new avatar bro?

1. X1 was like $500 at the time. That didn't last long either.

2. I mention CoD and BF because those are the only other console shooters that we know trounce its population. Many other online shooter just die.

3. There is a perception Titanfall just came and died like most games. Just spreading the word, "Hey, Titanfall is still a thing people do."

4. I was expecting in the lower thousands honestly. Which would still be better than many games. I think the problem is my expecatations were a little more realistic than others have.

5. Significantly better.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

jason1637 said:
Not bad. Titanfall is actually the game that changed shooters this gen with its mechanics and gameplay. Game deserves more praise than it gets.

I can agree with this, I don't really feel as engaged with other shooters as much if I can't have more speed and fluid movement, wallrunning has spoiled me a lot so far that I really can't live without it as much and the burn cards added  to my strats rather than trying to rack up a killcount to get a single care package that would probably get wasted or stolen.

Also love the Titan mechanics like the Guardian chip which means I can call down the Titan and have it do it;s own thing with efficiency while I personally hunt down pilots or make a class specifically suited to killing bots silently while knowing their every location on the minimap and having the ability to see through walls for enemy players at the same time.

Then I go play Planetside 2 and it feels static and heavy to move around, no wall jumping, having to grind forever for some decent weapons, not having a good situational awareness type of feel around the environment.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

jason1637 said:
Not bad. Titanfall is actually the game that changed shooters this gen with its mechanics and gameplay. Game deserves more praise than it gets.

Oh really? Gears did that for 3rd person shooters, and CoD:MW did that for first person shooters. But what did Titanfall do? The lack of a singleplayer? Or combining mirrors edge and Gundam, menas that you are original these days. Damn you in 'murica, you are all original artistic bunch

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I think Titanfall 2 is going to be a big deal. Good to see people are still enjoying the game.

I'm sure being free on EA Access doesn't hurt.

Mr Puggsly said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I guess those are ok numbers for a game that's basically free.

A lot of games couldn't hit those numbers even if they were free.

Good thing Titanfall isn't like a lot of those other games. 

hunter_alien said:

Actually I only played that game like 5 months after release, so I guess it did OK And for Titanfall? Lets face it, the game floped when it was presented next to the publishers expectations. It was meant to be the next CoD, and it didn't even managed to dethrone Halo. A lot like Killzone. Like it or not, there is a reason why this is going multiplatform. It failed to live up to expectations ( and I am being generous here) and now they are hoping that piggybacking on the PS4's success will help them achieve what the Xone didnt manage: creating a trully successfull FPS franchise.

Unrealistic expecations bolded and underlined.

Its going multiplatform because MS paid for exclusivity for the first game. The original plan was multiplat. Personally, I think it was a bad move for the IP.

Destiny on a single console family would also be less successful. Especially given it sucks.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

NobleTeam360 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I guess those are ok numbers for a game that's basically free.

A lot of games couldn't hit those numbers even if they were free.

Good thing Titanfall isn't like a lot of those other games. 

Agreed, Titfanfall was lucky to do what most games lack. Offer good PvP.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Faust said:

1.-bundled as hell with xone, given awayr for free on origins too. Also isn't cheap right now. ITs dirty cheap

2.-Again, never mentioned cod of bf 

3.-yeah, a lot of games fail to achieve success i know that but, whats the point?

4.-Agreed, but you are claiming that the game its surprisingly active, so its kinda contradictory with your original statement, if anything it makes me wonder what were your expectations for this game's population.

5.-how do you like my new avatar bro?

1. X1 was like $500 at the time. That didn't last long either.

2. I mention CoD and BF because those are the only other console shooters that we know trounce its population. Many other online shooter just die.

3. There is a perception Titanfall just came and died like most games. Just spreading the word, "Hey, Titanfall is still a thing people do."

4. I was expecting in the lower thousands honestly. Which would still be better than many games. I think the problem is my expecatations were a little more realistic than others have.

5. Significantly better.

1.-It also came with a price cut wich made the xone and this game even more apealing.

2.And im pretty damn sure titan fall was meant to be the next big thing. Just a hunch

3.-Change that for "Hey, Titanfall is still a thing that some people do" and i may agree, but that title,honestly by that title alone i was expecting 100k at least.

4.-wow, thats a low bar u put right there

5.-Yeah, well i love Rambo (except for the last movie agh)