By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall still surprisingly active.

Tagged games:

hunter_alien said:
jason1637 said:
Not bad. Titanfall is actually the game that changed shooters this gen with its mechanics and gameplay. Game deserves more praise than it gets.

Oh really? Gears did that for 3rd person shooters, and CoD:MW did that for first person shooters. But what did Titanfall do? The lack of a singleplayer? Or combining mirrors edge and Gundam, menas that you are original these days. Damn you in 'murica, you are all original artistic bunch

Yikes, simmer down.

If you played Halo 5, CoD:AW, and CoD:BO3, its clear these games are lifting ideas from Titanfall.

By the way, lets not forget Respawn was started by people responsible for CoD. If Titanfall was a CoD game, it would be huge.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Faust said:
Mr Puggsly said:

1. X1 was like $500 at the time. That didn't last long either.

2. I mention CoD and BF because those are the only other console shooters that we know trounce its population. Many other online shooter just die.

3. There is a perception Titanfall just came and died like most games. Just spreading the word, "Hey, Titanfall is still a thing people do."

4. I was expecting in the lower thousands honestly. Which would still be better than many games. I think the problem is my expecatations were a little more realistic than others have.

5. Significantly better.

1.-It also came with a price cut wich made the xone and this game even more apealing.

2.And im pretty damn sure titan fall was meant to be the next big thing. Just a hunch

3.-Change that for "Hey, Titanfall is still a thing that some people do" and i may agree, but that title,honestly by that title alone i was expecting 100k at least.

4.-wow, thats a low bar u put right there

5.-Yeah, well i love Rambo (except for the last movie agh)

1. Was it $450 at that point? Still not my idea of free. But whatever.

2. Not a realistic expecation, but okay.

3. HAHA! 100K at least? That would be fucking huge. Again, you're unrealistic.

4. A realistic bar, again many games struggle to even achieve that.

5. I thought the last Rambo movie was great. Arguably better than 2 or 3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Black ops 2 on ps3/360 still got about 50k-100k even before black ops 3 was a thing. They're okay numbers at best, but I wonder if a retention of about 10-20k players online justifies a sequel,

titanfall is like free or $5 now.

Mr Puggsly said:
Aeolus451 said:
Ok? What brought this on? If you like to play the game then just play it. No point in trying to convince others.

Maybe we should just shut down this forum and go play games?

I think SOME people find this info interesting.

Those SOME people are probably playing the game just like you are and are aware of how "active" the game is. You could just start a official titanfall fan club thread.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

Those SOME people are probably playing the game just like you are and are aware of how "active" the game is. You could just start a official titanfall fan club thread.

After watching this thread for a while you seem to be getting at something other than having him not participate anymore in the thread.

I've not seen you do this to anyone else to any other thread but this one.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Aeolus451 said:

After watching this thread for a while you seem to be getting at something other than having him not participate anymore in the thread.

I've not seen you do this to anyone else to any other thread but this one.

What do you mean exactly? So you haven't seen me try to pry at someone else in a different thread?

Aeolus451 said:

What do you mean exactly? So you haven't seen me try to pry at someone else in a different thread?

I mean what are you getting at with him and the whole fanclub part, you jumped in with "Ok? What brought this on? If you like to play the game then just play it. No point in trying to convince others."

The point in that was?. what did it actually have to do with the topic at all ebsides you triny to make something out of nothing?.

"So you haven't seen me try to pry at someone else in a different thread?" that also sounds like you want to open a can of worms, not the place for this topic if you intend to go on about how you do somewhere else.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Too bad it didn't come to my console of choice, or I'd play it.

That's not much.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54